Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Have to chime in on this one with a personal example. I very recently had an accident where my unarmored body(did have a helmet) hit pavement at roughly 25-30mph, rather directly with very little skidding or rolling. I’m still walking with massive bruising and strain/sprains as opposed to crutches and casts. I attribute that to a lifetime of being an athlete and keeping in relative shape; quite simply my muscle served as armor and reinforcement, protecting my shoulders, hip, leg, and neck.

Now I’m trying to force myself to stay down and recover to allow the soft tissues to heal properly. I’m blessed! I can’t wait to get back up and going again.
    There is much truth to your post - not to mention that I am glad to hear you are doing well and that it didn't end up worse for you. I will certainly be praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

I can't count the times that I heard doctors tell people that were involved in crashes and other violent incidents that their prior state of fitness played a part in minimizing their injuries. It's more than simply looking good, it really does have multiple benefits that people simply don't think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    There is much truth to your post - not to mention that I am glad to hear you are doing well and that it didn't end up worse for you. I will certainly be praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

I can't count the times that I heard doctors tell people that were involved in crashes and other violent incidents that their prior state of fitness played a part in minimizing their injuries. It's more than simply looking good, it really does have multiple benefits that people simply don't think about.
    Thank you for your prayers, truly. I’m not saying I’m anything special to look at or any physical specimen, hopefully that’s not how it came across; matter of fact I’d consider myself rather lazy compared to some here.

It’s hard to add to Speed is Life’s post but the reality and magnitude of the mediocrity is stunning. It’s sad, but pearls before swine is real. You can’t make them understand or change.

Eh. An acquaintance of mine called me a pussy when I told him the leg was wearing on me that day, swelling wasn’t much better. He’s probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    I know some really nasty old sons of bitches with real physical limitations.
    In my experience (and no joke) there isn't any other kind of really nasty old son of a bitch.

Although half the time you wouldn't even know it unless they told you.