Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And now there is this.

Holosun HS407C Reflex Sight

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-powered-matte

Last edited by Johnny C!; 07-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I`ve been very surprised by Holosun in the past year and a half or so.

I had always discounted them as cheap knockoffs akin to UTG/Leapers and the myriad nameless Chinese trash on Amazon, Ebay, AliBaba, etc.

Until playing with one owned by a friend (I don`t recall the model, some kind of compact red dot) on his Scorpion EVO, I instantly was intrigued. I did some research and heard some hearsay that Holosun is contracted by AimPoint to produce their circuitry. I have no hard evidence, but considering the abuse some of them I`ve seen have stood up to, I wouldn`t be surprised either. I`m glad to see WT (which I consider the final word on good-or-not for most accessories) has, for the most part, accepted them as well. I`ll be taking a closer look, especially after The Boss himself previously described it as beating out the Vortex offering. I wasn`t expecting that!
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

There was a multi-agency group staging in a restaurant parking lot near my house this morning to scour nearby woods for homeless encampments. I noticed a couple of guys grabbing biscuits and coffee with Holosuns on their MOS Glocks. They said they could also run RMRs but would hav to pay for those themselves. Those were the first red dots I've seen on any non-SWAT LEO's pistols in SC.

The training Nazi made my old partner remove his RMR from his personally-owned G41. I suspect nothing but RMRs or DP Pros will be approved once that hairbag retires.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-10-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 13. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    The training Nazi made my old partner remove his RMR from his personally-owned G41. I suspect nothing but RMRs or DP Pros will be approved once that handbag retires.
    When I attended a military leadership school many moons ago where they wanted me to pull apart my kit to be "uniform" with the other attendees (most of which were taking their kit out of the plastic), because I had too much extra mission specific equipment attached. I basically told them it had taken me years to get it how/where I needed it and it's all memorized so I can access it in the dark and they could pound sand if they thought I was going to tear it all down for the sake of uniformity with all the mechanics and office POGs with brand new equipment who didn't even know how to put it together and size it properly.

They let me do my thing.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Yeah. Down the rabbit hole for a second. There has not been a day over the last 14 years plus that I have not been technically "out of uniform."
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 1, 13. And a wakeup.