Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Fyi, steel shot tends to ricochet and or come back at you if shot at hard targets. Ive shot plenty of steel targets with shotguns and lead loads. Wouldn't even consider shooting a steel target with steel or bb loads. All I'm saying is don't assume a bb load and or heavy shot will react the same while training.
    That was going to be my comment. Growing up shooting daisy bb guns with steel shot teaches you that very quickly.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

And if you haven't shot and patterned it in your gun, you don't really know anything for sure, so if you want to find out, buy a box and give it a try.
    Armed Puritan

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Federal #4 buck is excellent for this role. It delivers plenty of hate on target and is gentle to shoot.

No need to even consider bbs.
    That Spartan stuff did really well at almost half the price too. I was much impressed with it.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Thanx all. I was just wondering. I'll stick with all the 00 buck I have stored and try the low recoil loads next.-- jw

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Fyi, steel shot tends to ricochet and or come back at you if shot at hard targets. Ive shot plenty of steel targets with shotguns and lead loads. Wouldn't even consider shooting a steel target with steel or bb loads. All I'm saying is don't assume a bb load and or heavy shot will react the same while training.
    This is actually a good point. I tried to pop a door with it once....... it was stinggey. The door opened as expected.... but there was splatter.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    That Spartan stuff did really well at almost half the price too. I was much impressed with it.
    Absolutely. I bought a bunch after class and have been shooting it up. I still have a bit of Federal #4 that I've been carrying, but honestly I'd be comfortable carrying the Spartan 00 for social purposes. It patterns consistently, with an appropriate spread, and is gentle to shoot.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

I could see how HD in an apartment type bldg. could dictate using BB loads to limit over penetration. I keep mine loaded with reduced recoil 00 buck and train with birdshot and cheap buckshot.

I have an itch for Buck n Ball ( Single .69 Ball over four 00 or three 000) but would need more space than I have around me right now.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Not every battlefield calls for a battleaxe
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I keep #4 in the gun. The 25 round pouch I would deploy with contains more #4, 10 rounds of 00, and 4 1oz slugs, just in case that might be needed. I use my dove loads for training.