Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    All trigger bars sold on all triggers are made by Glock and are stamped not milled. The tolerances on these are all over the place and we even reject some as unfit for our use.
    So...how does one know what to look for on the trigger bar? How would I know if my trigger bar is one that is unfit for use?

Would that be common knowledge that you could share, or is it a trade secret?
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Spaugh View Post
    So...how does one know what to look for on the trigger bar? How would I know if my trigger bar is one that is unfit for use?

Would that be common knowledge that you could share, or is it a trade secret?
    Rather than get my spoon out, how bout you get your search out. There is even a picture in this very thread,
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will add that any "Glock Armorer" that actually knows what he is doing will check engagement when he installs your trigger and firing pin. ...
    The Glock Armorers class, given by Glock, stresses this point clearly and concisely. They even issue you an Orange Armorers back plate. The illustrations posted here showing the proper engagement are from the official Glock Armorer's manual.

There is a difference between a certified Glock Armorer and a "Glock Armorer".... Beware...

And the fact that they stress this, and Glock Armorers will "upgrade your internals" on the company at Glock gatherings is because their parts will wear.

When they do, the MIM striker and trigger bar need replacement, or the weapon is unsafe.
    Gabriel Suarez

So a friend linked me to this and I can say Gabe has it labeled correctly and clearly as usual, parts wear out and some parts just aren't right to start with. This is just how things work. The Glock is no different and the fact so many folks still run around shouting don't oil your glock nonsense just causes faster wear of components. There is a reason a very good reason we replace parts on LE guns that are in for annual service, same for private owners also, some get it. Some think we are running the bill up cause "I bought brand x cause it never fails and the seals use it" blah blah. The fact is a good once over a year with wear parts replaced is good house keeping so to speak. Also yes dry fire does wear parts so it counts as well.
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Well, how about that. So basically Suarez parts are STILL the best? Shocker.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Got an email today asking if our triggers were used by any agency. As far as I know, our triggers are approved by MCSO. I was there when they approved them during our class a few years ago.
    Gabriel Suarez

Looking forward to the g43 version as, out of the box, mine is the worst trigger I've ever experienced,

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Looking forward to the g43 version as, out of the box, mine is the worst trigger I've ever experienced,
    you most likely have gen1 43, and before we get too far into it, yes, the model is currently in 1.5, same goes for the 42. realistically there is no way to tell which one you have, but here's the basics, if your bone stock 43 feels like a super stiff pull trigger you have a gen1, if your 42 fails to reset or has visibly less than 50% striker contact , again, gen1.

for the 43, the fix to clean up the trigger pull is a new connector, for the 42, its a new trigger bar, a la (-1) designation on the cruciform
    couple this with our triggers, and of course you have a formidable carry pistola

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Some images to illustrate.

striker-engagement-21.jpg

This is my carry weapon today. Fresh out of my belt, with an armorer plate installed. Look at the engagement of the striker leg and the trigger bar. This is what you want. Closer look below.

striker-engagement-51.jpg

Your armorer must check this when he installs any components. If you do not have full contact between the two parts, you must change out to a new part to keep your weapon safe. We expect armorers will do this whne they install your parts. If you are not certain they did, you need to check it yourself. Armorer plates are about $5.
    Gabriel Suarez