Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here are two illustrations -

glocktriggersafety.jpg

This is right out of the Armorer Manual. The only thing that causes this is wear, and wear is caused by usage. If you do not have complete contact, change out the bar. If you live with minimal contact, you are asking for trouble.

Gents...I can't say this enough and I know that half the people won't read it or ignore it. Nothing lasts forever. The more you use something the more it wears. And MIM parts will wear quicker than steel parts. Its on you to make sure your parts are in good order and not too worn for safe use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

And add one of those ghost connectors with all the holes cut into it and ...well...never mind.
    Gabriel Suarez

Do you have any data on how much NP3 reduces wear on these parts?

It’s an academic question because we still need to keep an eye on it, but I was just curious.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

SI Trigger Reliability Services (TRS) packages:

- Basic- replace MIM parts and assure all parts to spec with quick turnaround option.
    - Upgrade- various levels of parts, polish, and tuning. QTO also.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2019 Classes:
    CRG-1, Pistol Gunfighting, August 24-25, 2019 Olympia, WA

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

triggertradein-kit-121.jpg

SUAREZ TRIGGER TRADE-IN

There are parts on your pistol that will wear out from use, either live fire or dry fire. The two parts are the factory trigger bar and the factory striker. All trigger bars on all after-market triggers are made by Glock and are stamped not milled. We looked at milling them but that would place the price beyond the reach of the market. The tolerances on trigger bars are all over the place and we even reject some as unfit for our use. We have seen that this part will wear specifically in the area that contacts the striker. The other wear point is the leg on the factory MIM firing pin. The more contact, the safer it is...but also the longer break through the wall. The factory pin is a metal injection molded part which is a cost saving measure by Glock. If the leg of the pin wears so that contact with the trigger bar is minimal, you will have a gun that will fire when its dropped no matter what trigger is installed. The MIM firing pin is a glaring weakness in many striker fired weapons.

The Suarez Trigger Trade-In is for customers and students of Suarez International to replace their worn parts, update, and tune up their trigger linkage. It requires that you send us your worn trigger bar with our trigger installed. When we receive your trigger, your tune up kit will ship that same day.

Once we receive your worn out trigger bar, we will send you the Suarez Trade-In Kit with the following items -

• A new Suarez trigger and trigger bar that matches your returned worn out bar
    • An Orange Armorer Plate to inspect and verify contact on your trigger linkage
    • An optional Suarez CNC Striker for only $25 (Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 34, 35, 26, 27 only)
    • This is only for our parts. We will not accept triggers from any other manufacturer as trade-in.

THE PRICE IS ONLY $49.99 - BUY IT HERE
    Gabriel Suarez

Same question as Brent’s...

Is there any info on how the NP3 on the SI trigger bar, connector, and steel firing pin working together will effect wear?

I have the complete NP3 kits in my 19 and 17, as well and the NP3 trigger and connector in my 43. The best triggers I’ve ever felt/shot on a Glock. (I did check contact via my Armorer’s plate, and I’ve pounded the guns like hammers on my workbench and intentionally dropped them a bunch of times from different positions onto my gym flooring without a single slip.)

Anyway, thank you for your commitment to your products and more importantly your customers with the Trade-in/Tune-up Program.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

NP3 reduces wear and friction. As well, the steel pin will not wear like a MIM part. Nonetheless, check the engagement periodically. When you change springs and replace the battery may be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDS View Post
    Same question as Brent’s...

Is there any info on how the NP3 on the SI trigger bar, connector, and steel firing pin working together will effect wear?

I have the complete NP3 kits in my 19 and 17, as well and the NP3 trigger and connector in my 43. The best triggers I’ve ever felt/shot on a Glock. (I did check contact via my Armorer’s plate, and I’ve pounded the guns like hammers on my workbench and intentionally dropped them a bunch of times from different positions onto my gym flooring without a single slip.)

Anyway, thank you for your commitment to your products and more importantly your customers with the Trade-in/Tune-up Program.
    Gabriel Suarez

Aye Aye Captain!

Thanks you.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

I will add that any "Glock Armorer" that actually knows what he is doing will check engagement when he installs your trigger and firing pin. Yet I suspect only about 10% actually do anything other than dry press and pronounce it GTG.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will add that any "Glock Armorer" that actually knows what he is doing will check engagement when he installs your trigger and firing pin. Yet I suspect only about 10% actually do anything other than dry press and pronounce it GTG.
    It was your posts that clued me in to the Armorers Plate for checking engagement. I didn't have one so I just ground down a stock unit on the belt grinder. I now have a lot more peace of mind actually seeing 100% engagement vs optimistic faith. Even with a brand new, out of the box Glock, I'd feel negligent if I didn't check it.