Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,122

    Default The Glock 45 is here.

    It's a black 19X.

    g45.jpeg

    And then some.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

    "Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

    2, 1, 14. And a wakeup.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    811
    A friend of mine who does youtube, already has
    one in his shop, along with two other new Glock
    models, yet to be released.

    The 45 is basically a 19X, but in black. A lot of
    agencies would not by the 19X because they
    didn't want the coyote, so Glock ponied up
    for them.

    John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,122
    Looks like a Gen 5 MOS 34 and a Gen 5 17 derivative are in the pipeline, too.

    What I see here is forward serrations, ambi slide release, "match grade" tube, and the front strap revisions. They're claiming a "verbessert" trigger pull, too.

    Ausgezeichnet. Oder nicht.
    Warrior for the working day.

    Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

    "...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

    "Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

    2, 1, 14. And a wakeup.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mid MI
    Posts
    4,453
    I simply can't see the reasoning for calling it a new model. Glock never changed model numbers before when the came out with limited production models in different colors.

    From what I can gather from Glock's media releases and pictures of the gun, the G45 is simply a Black G19X with front slide serrations.
    Last edited by RayMich; 09-27-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    - Ray -

    "The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry
    __________________

    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
    __________________

  5. #5
    It has a flared mag well also.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,884
    I have G21 and G30 --- doubt I will add another 45 --------------Lest it is a 1911

    Choirboy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    I simply can't see the reasoning for calling it a new model. Glock never changed model numbers before when the came out with limited production models in different colors.

    From what I can gather from Glock's media releases and pictures of the gun, the G45 is simply a Black G19X with from slide serrations.
    It makes sense if the 19x is going away.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    864
    At least it's not a 45GAP! I still remember the look of consternation at the Glock booth at SHOT 5 years ago when I asked why they still did not have forward cocking serrations on the slide; the factory rep literally said "what are those?" I pointed to the Springfield booth behind him and said "take a look around".

    Remember all the goofy numbers of Smith and Wesson auto models that came out in the '90s? Only a real nut can keep track of all of the variations. 19x made more sense than 45 if you ask me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    THIRD COAST
    Posts
    7,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post
    At least it's not a 45GAP! I still remember the look of consternation at the Glock booth at SHOT 5 years ago when I asked why they still did not have forward cocking serrations on the slide; the factory rep literally said "what are those?" I pointed to the Springfield booth behind him and said "take a look around".

    Remember all the goofy numbers of Smith and Wesson auto models that came out in the '90s? Only a real nut can keep track of all of the variations. 19x made more sense than 45 if you ask me.
    You mean like the 3906, 3904, 5906, 4506, 4516, 1006, 1076, 6904, etc?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

    Owner of Ray's Pawnshop in Bridge City TX

    The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    593
    My Agency had a few shipped to them for testing. We didn't request it, it just happened. I think the stock trigger system is better on the Gen 5 than previous designs. The gen 5 systems have the same systems that the Model 42, and 43 have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post

    The 45 is basically a 19X, but in black. A lot of
    agencies would not buy the 19X because they
    didn't want the coyote, so Glock ponied up
    for them.

    John
    Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •