Default Recent Video of LAPD Shooting.

Lead officer slices pie with shotgun, transitioning to pistol shown in the second camera.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s7r2q_1537543323
    Last edited by kenshi612; 09-24-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Wrong terminology

At least the dude was moving. That was pretty good, I’m not even sure if the bad guy got any rounds off.

I'm gonna take a guess here and say that I don't think that it was those officers first rodeo.

It looked to me like he transitioned because expended all his 12 gauge ammo on the suspect as he came around the corner and wasn't quite done yet.

Total dominance from the time the suspects gun began to swing their way.
    Last edited by BKern; 09-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Nice work!

Run the shotgun and then the pistol, Im wondering if he might have had beanbag, or breaching rounds in the shotgun Because i didnt see him shuck it more than once (had to get high resolution on my desktop) so he transitioned to the tool he thought would work better.

For what its worth my agency doesnt use dedicated beanbag shotguns (orange/blue stock), we have a two man load procedure for the standard shotguns (we also want the psychological impact because all the perps know what a orange/blue stock means) , i wonder if his agency does the same.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Yes, the BG did fire at least twice. He seems to have decided that he was not going to prison, and succeeded.

It looked like the shotgun might have been semi-auto...the cop moved his left hand over the top as though to run the bolt.

A question for the LEO's here. When the shotgun cop transitioned to pistol, the BG was down, and facing down. It appears that the threat is over, but he fired the pistol several times. Does that turn a good shoot into a bad shoot, at that point? I have read of several citizens getting arrested for that. I am not cop bashing, but would like to know what your point of view would be.
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Spaugh View Post
    Yes, the BG did fire at least twice. He seems to have decided that he was not going to prison, and succeeded.

It looked like the shotgun might have been semi-auto...the cop moved his left hand over the top as though to run the bolt.

A question for the LEO's here. When the shotgun cop transitioned to pistol, the BG was down, and facing down. It appears that the threat is over, but he fired the pistol several times. Does that turn a good shoot into a bad shoot, at that point? I have read of several citizens getting arrested for that. I am not cop bashing, but would like to know what your point of view would be.
    i cant see either of his hands or the gun in the left side of the vid frame , but if he still had the pistol, or his hand was still reaching for it, the anchoring shots would be a non issue. Heck after shooting at the officers fail to "show me your hands" when ordered would mean anchoring shots.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Really hard to tell what happened, specifically. In general though, good job!