Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    Great post and pics. Did you visit the Naval Aviation Museum? If not, put it in your next trip south. Huge collection of historic martial memorabilia from airplanes to weapons to a (full-service, pilot-tested and approved) Navy club bar from NAS Cubi Pt., Filipines.
    Thanks. No we did not make it to that. Maybe next time. By the time we hit the places we hit and then walked around Fort Pickens in 100 degree weather we had a pretty full day.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Enjoy the history. History is what gives a nation its culture and identity. And history is the first thing attacked by those wanting to destroy a nation.

That modern communists want to remove these sites is a sign that we will have a hot war against communism in tjis country at some point.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

It's funny, I have a lot of those same pictures! We have some friends that live in Pensacola, and we visit them fairly regularly, being from Kansas City, the sun and surf is all the excuse I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Enjoy the history. History is what gives a nation its culture and identity. And history is the first thing attacked by those wanting to destroy a nation.

That modern communists want to remove these sites is a sign that we will have a hot war against communism in tjis country at some point.
    The attack is intensifying; the denying, deleting, rewriting, and removal of history is daily pablum from the virtue-signaling useful idiots of propaganda press.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

The removal of historical monuments here is no different than what ISIS did destroying historical sites in the middle east.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    We also went to Ft Pickens....

Attachment 56406
    There is a lake in Bay County named Court Martial Lake. Right near there is where Jackson hung Arbuthnot and Ambrister.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    There is a lake in Bay County named Court Martial Lake. Right near there is where Jackson hung Arbuthnot and Ambrister.
    I was not aware of the history. Sounds like something that Jackson would do.

The Arbuthnot and Ambrister incident occurred in 1818 during the First Seminole War. American General Andrew Jackson invaded Spanish Florida and captured and executed Alexander George Arbuthnot and Robert C. Ambrister, two British subjects charged with aiding Seminole and Creek Indians against the United States. Arbuthnot and Ambrister were tried and executed in modern Bay County, Florida, near what continues to be called Court Martial Lake. Jackson's actions triggered short-lived protests from the British and Spanish governments and an investigation by the United States Congress. Congressional reports found fault with Jackson's handling of the trial and execution of Arbuthnot and Ambrister, but Congress chose not to censure the popular general.
    Robert Chrystie Ambrister (1797–1818) was a British subject and a native of Nassau in the Bahamas. Ambrister was the youngest son of Bahamian native James Jacob Ambrister [1] (1762-1834), who was then a lieutenant colonel in the colonial militia of the Bahamas. Son Robert had served in the Royal Navy as a volunteer and as a midshipman between 1809 and 1813, when he returned to the Bahamas. During 1814-1815, he served in Spanish Florida as an auxiliary 2nd lieutenant of the British Corps of Colonial Marines, commanded by Brevet Major Edward Nicolls of the Royal Marines.[2][3] Discharged from the military in Nassau in 1815,[4][5] the former Marine lieutenant returned to Spanish Florida in 1817 with his fellow former Marine, Brevet Captain George Woodbine, and the Scottish soldier of fortune Gregor MacGregor.[6]
    Alexander (George) Arbuthnot (born in Montrose, Scotland, in 1748) was an older man, a Scottish merchant, translator, and diplomatic go-between, on occasion, who had been present in Florida since 1803.[7] Jackson's execution of Arbuthnot, Ambrister, and at least two prominent Creek-Seminole leaders (Josiah Francis and Hoemotchernucho) was perceived, both in Great Britain and elsewhere, as an act of barbarity violating the conventions of warfare.[8]
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I went there several years ago. It was a pain in the ass to find because the locals didn't know very much. Had to call up the local historical society and they were able to give pretty good directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    I went there several years ago. It was a pain in the ass to find because the locals didn't know very much. Had to call up the local historical society and they were able to give pretty good directions.
    Probably close to 99% of the white residents do not have ancestry dating back to the early 19th century. Obviously some native americans do and maybe more of the blacks than whites have ancestors dating to that time. I have only met one person that did. One of his ancestors fought in those Seminole wars and received a substantial amount of land for his service. It was only with coming of the railroads and later of the military that most people showed up for.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

This fellow is the go to local expert on pensacola history: John H. Appleyard (b. 1922) is an advertising executive, author and civic leader who founded the Appleyard Agency in 1959 and whose prolific writings focus on Pensacola's history.