Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monkey Fist

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    The weight should help in throwing out of site after using it. Slungshots are on the banned weapons in damn near every state, and that is by law a slungshot. Not saying don’t carry, just be aware.
    Not in NJ. They accidentally typed sling shots making them a felony, so slung shots are legal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    Not in NJ. They accidentally typed sling shots making them a felony, so slung shots are legal lol
    Dennis with broken vase.jpg

Needs a good lawyer, fast.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 21. And a wakeup.

I’ve never heard of a “slung shot”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Dennis with broken vase.jpg

Needs a good lawyer, fast.
    Yes, famed NJ gun rights attorney Evan nappen says Dennis the Menace was turned into a Felon in NJ in 1982

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    I’ve never heard of a “slung shot”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Few people have in modern times. Most people see the term in weapons laws and assume it is a misspelling or alternate spelling of "slingshot." Many laws are written by politicians who just copy other laws without knowing what they are writing about.

They were forgotten for decades, then in the early 2000s people on self-defense related forums and blogs looked into both weapons laws and old weapons and started writing about them.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

It’s a bag about the size of a hacky sack or so and filled with lead shot and has a tether or length of cord fixed to it. It was slung or thrown into the face of a victim. If they weren’t effective, they wouldn’t be banned much like blackjacks and saps

I thought the genesis of the subject item was to facilitate the tossing of lines in olde-tyme maritime use, but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by 62-10 View Post
    I thought the genesis of the subject item was to facilitate the tossing of lines in olde-tyme maritime use, but what do I know.
    Yep. I made one with a pool cue-ball in it that we use to put a rope over a branch to run up the flag on Scout camp outs.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk