Thread: Monkey Fist

Default Monkey Fist

I know this has been discussed before, but had to post this. I found this in a dollar store on the board walk in ocnj. But Officer its not a slungshot its a bonding toy for me and my best friend! The best part is that's exactly how it's being sold.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The weight should help in throwing out of site after using it. Slungshots are on the banned weapons in damn near every state, and that is by law a slungshot. Not saying don’t carry, just be aware.

Thanks for post. I had seen mention of slungshots being illegal in Florida, but I did not know what they were. So I looked it up and found what they are and that now they are legal in my state.
    It does not seem to be useful for thrusting, but I can see that care must be taken in blocking them.

Slungshot Weapons Now Legal in Florida

For the time since the 19th century, citizens in Florida can carry a slungshot without facing the possibility of being arrested on a misdemeanor charge of carrying an illegal weapon.
    Earlier this spring, Gov. Rick Scott signed House Bill 4009 into law. The new law strikes the slungshot from the list of illegal weapons in the Sunshine State, allowing people in Florida to make, sell and carry a concealed slungshot.

Republican Rep. Neil Combee of Polk City first introduced the proposal in 2015, where it died in committee. This year Combee’s bill passed both houses of the legislature unanimously. Combee told the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel when he first introduced the bill that it was partly in reaction to a woman in Polk City who made slungshots as keychains.
    “As far as I’m concerned, they leave a lot to be desired when it comes to a personal defense item,” Combee said. “But people don’t know it’s against the law to carry them.” https://www.krudoknives.com/krudo-kh...legal-florida/
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

How about making one out of a hunk of rope and a tennis ball: Drill a hole all the way through the tennis ball, making the hole a tiny bit larger than the rope. Thread the rope through and then use a caulking gun to fill the ball with the densest/heaviest acrylic caulk you can find. Tie it off at both ends. It probably wouldn't hurt to take your pooch along when carrying it for plausible deniability. Or you just get a Doberman and call it good, LOL.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    How about making one out of a hunk of rope and a tennis ball: Drill a hole all the way through the tennis ball, making the hole a tiny bit larger than the rope. Thread the rope through and then use a caulking gun to fill the ball with the densest/heaviest acrylic caulk you can find. Tie it off at both ends. It probably wouldn't hurt to take your pooch along when carrying it for plausible deniability. Or you just get a Doberman and call it good, LOL.
    figure a way to fill it with shot. Blackjacks were either filled with shot or sand from what I was told.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The hardcore ones are built around a steel ballbearing. The ones I showed is just a dollar store dog toy.

That would work better, but I was going with the original poster's plausible deniability theme. It would look like something that you could actually buy at the pet store but still pack a wallop.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Or just keep a roll of quarters in your sock and have nothing to explain like some silly monkeyfist thing.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

MY non-firearms impact weapons are my feet, knees, hands, elbows, and head.

Quote Originally Posted by mross View Post
    The hardcore ones are built around a steel ballbearing. The ones I showed is just a dollar store dog toy.

GPKnives sells em, I've got a few just because. Never considered them as anything serious, but I wouldn't volunteer to get bonked with one either.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."