Default PULSAR Night Vision

Since I last posted about NV scopes, Ive "found" some new names. Anybody have any experience with PULSAR? Im seeing good and bad reports. Im trying to stay in the $2K or less range. Ill be using it for Wild Boar hunting. We typically hunt from a blind with ranges about 100-150M. Pulsar makes two clip on models that seem interesting?

I think I want digital because its daylight safe but I really don't have a clue

Digital works well especially if you have an IR illuminator. The illuminator is not good if your hunting two leg things who might have nods but for the four legged animals, its good to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Warrior Skills Camp 09
    Fighting Rifle Skills
    Small Unit Tactics
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Advanced Close Range Gunfighting
    0-5 gunfighting
    Advanced AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting
    Guerilla Sniper I
    CQB: Fighting in Structures

Illuminators are only a problem IF the opfor has NV capabilities. If they dont, it doesnt matter.

IR light can be seen through most slightly older generation smart phone cameras, btw. Most of them did not have ir filters, therefore pick up the light. Just an fyi.

I used a friend's Pulsar thermal equipped rig hog hunting and really enjoyed it. Crisp images and several different modes. We were scoping whitetail bucks at 200-300 yards and could easily see antler details.
    My friend says he is impressed with Pulsar and that his scope seems tough and well built- he takes it out nightly on top of a 6.5 Creedmore AR. His hunting buddy runs a Pulsar over a 6.5 Creedmore bolt rifle and reports similar results. They paid around $2600 for the scopes and feel like they are a good value for the $.

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by ToddC View Post
    I used a friend's Pulsar thermal equipped rig hog hunting and really enjoyed it. Crisp images and several different modes. We were scoping whitetail bucks at 200-300 yards and could easily see antler details.
    My friend says he is impressed with Pulsar and that his scope seems tough and well built- he takes it out nightly on top of a 6.5 Creedmore AR. His hunting buddy runs a Pulsar over a 6.5 Creedmore bolt rifle and reports similar results. They paid around $2600 for the scopes and feel like they are a good value for the $.
    Was that a rail mounted scope or a unit that attaches to the daylight scope?

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Was that a rail mounted scope or a unit that attaches to the daylight scope?
    It's rail mounted.

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

The front mount models are the ones that caught my attention