Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default KILLING TO PROTECT PROPERTY?

So you are smart enough to understand that there are bad guys roaming the streets thus you carry a gun to protect yourself and family and at the same time you donít know that you are risking the life of your baby by living him unattended in the running car - because there are bad guys roaming the streets ?

What the hell is going on here.?!?!
    Father is an idiot.

How sad.

Come on people. Am I the only one who sees this???

People like that should not have kids better yet permitted to own a gun.
    Last edited by AverageJo; 09-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    How about stop leaving your young kids unattended in running cars? That is a sure way to avoid this type of situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    This.

Being in Colorado I see a ton of unattended cars running during winter. Sometimes a good 10-20 minutes to even just a minute or so. But even with less than a minute when I was a kid, I've snuck in a parent's car without them knowing...
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Maybe not a good idea to leave a kid in any unattended car motor running or not, and when in the car keep it locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Or, buy vehicles with manual transmissions, it’s a fact, that even hipster millennial pukes cannot drove standard transmissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    So you are smart enough to understand that there are bad guys roaming the streets thus you carry a gun to protect yourself and family and at the same time you don’t know that you are risking the life of your baby by living him unattended in the running car - because there are bad guys roaming the streets ?

What the hell is going on here.?!?!
    Father is an idiot.

How sad.

Come on people. Am I the only one who sees this???

People like that should not have kids better yet permitted to own a gun.
    So now that we've derailed the thread entirely with the moral outrage of leaving a kid in the car while you get your other kid from work, and beaten the dead horse of always locking your vehicle can we actually get back to the actual topic of discussion?

For those with the attention span of a goldfish here is the forum pathway that this discussion is in: GUNFIGHTING SKILLS AND TACTICS > AFTER THE LAST BANG > KILLING TO PROTECT PROPERTY?

The forum titles are a bit of a hint on what the topic is and the discussion should involve.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

My understanding is if someone is fleeing with your property you may not shoot them down to recover your property. But that you may shoot to kill when someone is actually in the act of robbing you. But the example that was given the citizen shooting was over kidnapping and not the theft of a car.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    But that you may shoot to kill when someone is actually in the act of robbing you.
    I’d recommend pause and re-reading your statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    So now that we've derailed the thread entirely with the moral outrage of leaving a kid in the car while you get your other kid from work, and beaten the dead horse of always locking your vehicle can we actually get back to the actual topic of discussion?

For those with the attention span of a goldfish here is the forum pathway that this discussion is in: GUNFIGHTING SKILLS AND TACTICS > AFTER THE LAST BANG > KILLING TO PROTECT PROPERTY?

The forum titles are a bit of a hint on what the topic is and the discussion should involve.
    I know right?

Everyone knows how to raise and manage kids until they have three of them to manage and raise...then suddenly, the idea of parking, getting the two out, into the stroller, then marching across the lot to pick up the third one at the barber shop isn't as easy as they say...and you park right in front of the barber shop, stand in the door with payment and grab your kid to get into the car.

THAT is reality Jim Anderson...now...can we at least get back to the point.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    I’d recommend pause and re-reading your statutes.
    And the flowchart
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Wasnt there a guy in TX who killed a dude who was stealing his car? He was on the phone with 911 telling them he is stealing his car or whatever and he was going to shoot him and then did...

I remember at the time someone mentioned its a TX law thing and all the lefty's were going off the deep end because he didnt get charged.

Someone refresh my memory?

7M3

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post
    Wasnt there a guy in TX who killed a dude who was stealing his car? He was on the phone with 911 telling them he is stealing his car or whatever and he was going to shoot him and then did...

I remember at the time someone mentioned its a TX law thing and all the lefty's were going off the deep end because he didnt get charged.

Someone refresh my memory?

7M3
    TX has some property laws still on the books but they are clearly an outlier when compared to the rest of the country so I recommend if you're from TX you do your own research and apply it to the flowchart to see how if fits.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I know right?

Everyone knows how to raise and manage kids until they have three of them to manage and raise...then suddenly, the idea of parking, getting the two out, into the stroller, then marching across the lot to pick up the third one at the barber shop isn't as easy as they say...and you park right in front of the barber shop, stand in the door with payment and grab your kid to get into the car.

THAT is reality Jim Anderson...now...can we at least get back to the point.

Thank you Gabe! I have 4 children and I know exactly how things like this happen. So, my first statement:

Officer, I am so glad you are here. I am Dr.__________ I am a Family Medicine Physician at ___________ clinic in town. I had just picked up my daughter from her dance lesson and stopped to pick up my son from his haircut. I had dropped him off on my way to pick up my daughter. When I pulled up to the barber shop I noticed that she had fallen asleep in her car seat so I parked right in front of the barber shop and ran it to get my son and pay for his haircut. I left the vehicle running because it was hot and I didn't want to wake her up. Unfortunately, I can't lock the doors with the car running and the doors open. I looked around but didn't see anyone else nearby so I went in while keeping an eye on the car. As I turned around after paying I saw this man jump into the drivers seat of my car. I was so scared for my little girl. I drew my gun that I have a license to carry and yelled at the kidnapper to stop. I am so thankful that I pulled into that parking place in front of the building so he had to back up rather that just driving though and driving away. He didn't stop though. He reversed out of the parking spot as I yelled at him and then he put the car in drive and started to turn the wheel. I couldn't let him kidnap my baby. I couldn't. So I shot him through the window. Fortunately I was able to jump onto the vehicle as it idled away and steer it to a stop without my daughter being hurt. Gilbert, the barber saw the whole thing through the window. I still have my gun in it's holster here if you need to take possession of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    Thank you Gabe! I have 4 children and I know exactly how things like this happen. So, my first statement:

Officer, I am so glad you are here. I am Dr.__________ I am a Family Medicine Physician at ___________ clinic in town. I had just picked up my daughter from her dance lesson and stopped to pick up my son from his haircut. I had dropped him off on my way to pick up my daughter. When I pulled up to the barber shop I noticed that she had fallen asleep in her car seat so I parked right in front of the barber shop and ran it to get my son and pay for his haircut. I left the vehicle running because it was hot and I didn't want to wake her up. Unfortunately, I can't lock the doors with the car running and the doors open. I looked around but didn't see anyone else nearby so I went in while keeping an eye on the car. As I turned around after paying I saw this man jump into the drivers seat of my car. I was so scared for my little girl. I drew my gun that I have a license to carry and yelled at the kidnapper to stop. I am so thankful that I pulled into that parking place in front of the building so he had to back up rather that just driving though and driving away. He didn't stop though. He reversed out of the parking spot as I yelled at him and then he put the car in drive and started to turn the wheel. I couldn't let him kidnap my baby. I couldn't. So I shot him through the window. Fortunately I was able to jump onto the vehicle as it idled away and steer it to a stop without my daughter being hurt. Gilbert, the barber saw the whole thing through the window. I still have my gun in it's holster here if you need to take possession of it.

That's a pretty good statement. IDK that you really need to reference that you have a CCW permit but I suppose it couldn't hurt.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual