Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This was almost certainly a firework. There are (or at least not too many years ago were) unlicensed, really powerful fireworks commonly called "quarter sticks" sold in the Northeast. I'm sure they are elsewhere, but that's where I have seen them. Still, how one confuses one for a candle is anyone's guess. I'm thinking alcohol mixed with stupidity.

Maybe she is the victim of the same rabbit who put TNT in Yosemite Sam's candles.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Maybe she is the victim of the same rabbit who put TNT in Yosemite Sam's candles.
    mar.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 09-09-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: one picture is worth...
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 17. And a wakeup.

This was almost certainly a firework.
    Yep. There's nothing like reservation fireworks stands for thinning the gene pool.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    This was almost certainly a firework. There are (or at least not too many years ago were) unlicensed, really powerful fireworks commonly called "quarter sticks" sold in the Northeast. I'm sure they are elsewhere, but that's where I have seen them. Still, how one confuses one for a candle is anyone's guess. I'm thinking alcohol mixed with stupidity.

Yep, I agree probably what that "candle" was. I'm guessing what would be deemed a commercial/professional grade salute these days. Kind of makes me wonder if the thing had a wax coated body.
    What gets me is most of the bigger crackers that I recall available in my youth had the fuses off set on the end or side. But, I'm not discounting regional variations or home rolled ones either that would be candle like in appearance.
    Or someone too stoned to know the difference.
    Last edited by BigEd63; 09-09-2018 at 10:06 AM.