Default Ohio school resource office wakes up napping student with tazer

She should have lit the punk up on general principle even though the kid dindo nuttin.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/06...nt-police.html

I'm sure they tried to wake the student by
    calling their name, maybe even, heaven forbid,
    touched them on the shoulder, but to no avail?

Apparently the sound of the taser arching was
    highly effective.

I'm good with this.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

I don't know a thing about the "poor whiddle children" that witnessed that. And how"sensitive" they are.

But some teachers knew how to drag their nails across a chalk board, slam a book either shut or onto a desk or floor . Probably not allowed to do that or anything else anymore.

Was the young Einstein having a post high crash or something?

Teacher: Mr. Officer, this student is sleeping and won't wake up.

Officer: Is he committing a crime?

Teacher: Well, no...but.

Officer: Then its not my problem is it?

Teacher: But he might be ill....

Officer: (On radio) Roll an ambulance, student is said to have taken excessive number of sleeping pills....bring that black stuff they make them drink

As long as officers think its their job to wipe stupid people's arses and raise their equally stupid children, this sort of thing will continue. In my era (back when dinosaurs roamed) school resource was not a coveted position.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Or use the magic nasal spray. We are having an opioid epidemic, you know.

He's probably heard that sound before, up close and personal.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Teacher: Mr. Officer, this student is sleeping and won't wake up.

Officer: Is he committing a crime?

Teacher: Well, no...but.

Officer: Then its not my problem is it?

Teacher: But he might be ill....

Officer: (On radio) Roll an ambulance, student is said to have taken excessive number of sleeping pills....bring that black stuff they make them drink

As long as officers think its their job to wipe stupid people's arses and raise their equally stupid children, this sort of thing will continue. In my era (back when dinosaurs roamed) school resource was not a coveted position.
    YEP Totally agree.

In todays policing many (too many) millennial type cops see SRO as a great way to a M-F weekends, summers, and holidays off job with the same benefits and "Im a cop" type privileges as real cops without the worry of getting wet in the rain. They are the same type of cops that cant wait to get promoted so they don't have to do REAL police work. THIS one is relatively attractive, so we can count on that being another factor in how she got the job too BECAUSE clearly brains weren't....

Being younger than most here I’ll offer an opinion.

Kid is sleeping in class. Teacher knows he’s faking but he is refusing to “wake up”. Someone tells SRO and she, laughing, comes up with an idea. She shushes everyone in class so he doesn’t know what’s coming and hits the button knowing it will scare him. Everyone has a good laugh and it shouldn’t have gone further than that but it did.

It was probably stupid. But she didn’t hurt anyone other than probably making this otherwise cool kid look stupid when he got scared.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I'm doing event EMS the other day, standing around gossiping with one of the cops. Cop gets called to an unconscious person outside the building, I loyally tag along even though officially it's Not My Job. We get there, find an apparently unresponsive male smelling of, big shocker here, alcohol. Cop gives him a sternal rub, *hard*, and barely gets a groan out of him.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if there's actually something wrong with the guy. I kneel down, get my glucose test kit out. "Sir, I'm going to test your blood sugar, okay?" I go to start wiping off his finger with an alcohol pad and his GCS goes from 3 to 15 in 0.1 seconds. Just about as soon as I touch him he pulls his hand away, eyes snap wide open, "No, no, I'm okay, I'm okay". Cop points him to the next precint and tells him to start walking. Happy ending.

Funny how fast people can wake up if they know they're going to get something they don't want. And every school in the land, for a lot of reasons, ought to have a glucose test kit and someone trained to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    ….ought to have a glucose test kit and someone trained to use it.
    Now THAT makes sense. "I was only treating him for a possible medical emergency"

That was a lot better than what they use to do to someone who fell asleep back in my day!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!