View Poll Results: DO YOU CARRY A PISTOL OTHER THAN GLOCK?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • SIG P320

18 11.92%
  • S&W MP SERIES

31 20.53%
  • BERETTA 92

12 7.95%
  • CZ P-10

9 5.96%
  • CZ-75 SERIES

24 15.89%
  • SIG LEGACY P220/226

29 19.21%
  • XD SERIES

13 8.61%
  • 1911 SERIES

39 25.83%
  • HK VP-9

8 5.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
    They do have that option. I've been fighting that urge. I'd much rather have a 2011 tactical milled for an rmr that the host with a plate for the rmr.
    I know what you mean. I'm very loathe to go with anyone other than SI for milling for an RMR. So many sit way too high. The STI HOST does seem to milled fairly deep, but I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
    A 4" barrel tactical would be roughly the same size as my 226 (at least I try to convince myself of that).
    You mean like this one I have on order?

STI 2011 Tactical_2.jpg
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Yes as a matter of fact that will probably be my next pistol purchase and I'll hope SI will mill it for me

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have carried a Beretta, Sig and Glock professionally. While I really like Sig and the Glocks utility cannot be argued I still prefer a CZ P01. I have a buddy that has a P01 frame that he runs a full size slide on, much like a cut down 17 to 19 frame size.

ok, heres a pic of the STI Host. granted it is sufficiently deep, you folks seem to be missing the obvious. How does one co-witness stationary front and rear sights? Your rear sight is part of the mounting plate, so no adjustments. Your front sight, well granted it can technically move if not staked, why would you ever try to adjust your front sight?
    STI-HOST-SS-4.0.jpg

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

On top of that, any mounting plate adds height. Part of the problem with an RDS is that it adds height to the gun. Ideally, the only part of the RDS above the top of the slide would be the screen.

When I saw the host had a plate I didn't look into it any further to realize the rear sight was on the plate which is even worse. I'll stick with buying a tactical and fingers crossed you will mill it at some point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i generally carry a CZ 75 Compact. But on occasion I will carry a CZ P10c and very occasionally a 1911. Just feel comfortable with those. JackH

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    .....you folks seem to be missing the obvious. How does one co-witness stationary front and rear sights? Your rear sight is part of the mounting plate, so no adjustments. Your front sight, well granted it can technically move if not staked, why would you ever try to adjust your front sight?

Then again...the vast majority will just shoot it at center of mass of a target at 25 yards and call it good. Or not worry about any cowitness capability...if they will even understand the concept in the first place.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

FWIW, I used Gabe's 1911 slide with a Deltapoint and its integrated rear sight. I then did the measurements and research to purchase a suitable height front sight from Trijicon. This has provided me with a good low mount red dot. I built it up on a 2011 double stack clone from CK Arms. Photos are over on the red dot picture thread for those interested.

I recently picked up an FN FNX .45. I did not get the tactical version. I have numerous guns to carry and this is the first one that is a SA/DA. It's also the first one that's not a GLOCK or M&P.
    I'll be damned if I don't love it. My 15 year old son was ringing a 12" gong at 25 yards with all 16 rounds, mag after mag. Yes it's a 15+1 .45.
    You can buy muscles but you can't buy COJONES.
    Bas Ruten.

“The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state.” Thomas Sowell.