View Poll Results: DO YOU CARRY A PISTOL OTHER THAN GLOCK?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • SIG P320

15 11.81%
  • S&W MP SERIES

28 22.05%
  • BERETTA 92

11 8.66%
  • CZ P-10

8 6.30%
  • CZ-75 SERIES

21 16.54%
  • SIG LEGACY P220/226

26 20.47%
  • XD SERIES

9 7.09%
  • 1911 SERIES

32 25.20%
  • HK VP-9

6 4.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Wilson Combat 1911 in 9mm. The 4" version.
    Its the Rolex of Pistols.
    Paul

Seek first the Kingdom of God

CZ P10C

"Night vision devices let you own the night. Flashlights just let you borrow some of it for a little while." -- Chris Upchurch

"A Glock will make someone just as dead as a 1911 but the 1911 will do it with style." -- Yooper75
    "Night vision devices let you own the night. Flashlights just let you borrow some of it for a little while." -- Chris Upchurch

"A Glock will make someone just as dead as a 1911 but the 1911 will do it with style." -- Yooper75

I've carried an XD9 sc for years, and mostly like it. It's bone stock. If I were to do anything to it to improve it, I would install one of the PRP or Springer triggers, but beyond the reported improvements in weight and "sponginess" I don't know if they are improved/tougher/more reliable than the factory trigger. So I'll just stick with what I have. I originally bought two of them, one for me and one for the wife, because back then she liked it and I thought common ammo and mags with her would be a good idea. But it stayed locked up in her safe and she never shot it until she took a CPL class a year or so ago. She then decided she didn't like it because it was too stiff for her and she didn't like the recoil. So I sold hers and gave her the money to get whatever she wanted. She hasn't gotten anything yet that I know of.

If I were purchasing today I would probably get a Glock 17 or 19. I'm a pretty big guy so concealing a 17 wouldn't be a big deal. I had a 17 at one time but sold it during a financial crunch. I liked it, though - it was a "Gen 2.5". 2 pins, but finger grooves and a rail. The things I like most are the simplicity of the construction-it's easy to detail strip for cleaning without special tools like roll pin punches like you might need for the XD. And more quality aftermarket support than for the XD as well.

I just bought my daughter a Gen 5 19 to commemorate her completing Army Basic and AIT. She's an accomplished competitive rifle shooter, but she hasn't really done anything with handguns. I know she wants to though, because her eyes sure lit up when she saw the Glock!
    -Scott

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    - C.S. Lewis

Picked up a Sig 227 and I am stoked. I haven't fired it yet so this may just be a bunch of bullshit but I have long wanted a DA pistol made of metal and a double stack .45. The Rugers I have are reliable with the correct mags but meh in capacity, the Para double stacks never really floated my boat and the Glock 21 was in my possession for all of 2 weeks. Wish me luck.