Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default A LIST OF CONCERNS

Lets list your concerns, and we will address them...some in article form and some in book form...perhaps.

Everything from the moment you fire the last shot. List them here...even stuff you know is silly but otheres who have not been blessed by our work think important.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

What is the Public Safety Exception to the Miranda Advisement and why is this important to me, the initial contact, and my case?

I have not seen this addressed previously, so I ask if it is possible that the first questions might be coming from federal investigators rather than local officers. If it is possible does that change in any way you would articulate the events to them?
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"
    Thomas Jefferson

Seen on Bumper Sticker:
    I may be an old dog
    But I can still bury a bone

CRG2- 2016

I have trouble shifting my thought process from the investigator to the investigated.

You were gracious enough to point It out to me in a thread a while back, but I've had little success in changing. I continue to drop back into old habits and my statements read more like aar's than victim statements.

If a family member is involved in a shooting, can I as a cop be compelled under Garrity to give a statement in the criminal investigation? Does this trump spousal privilege?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Channelling others: if I fail to give first aid to the criminal I shoot and wound, will that be used as evidence of malice or criminal intent on my part?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by balls004 View Post
    I have not seen this addressed previously, so I ask if it is possible that the first questions might be coming from federal investigators rather than local officers. If it is possible does that change in any way you would articulate the events to them?
    A Federal civil rights case is a different issue to face. Agree this would be a good topic to be educated on.
    r

So the entire Federal, Civil Rights deal is not a "happening now" event where you need to express your position in order to self-select as a victim. I don't recall ever hearing of a Federal Agent responding to a shooting event and interviewing the shooter, nor a Federal level case being laid on you on scene. So I am not sure where we get to being interviewed by a Federal Agent for a self defense shooting for LE or Private Citizen. Nor does concern over a Federal Civil Rights deal enter into any of the scope of what we are discussing.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Channelling others: if I fail to give first aid to the criminal I shoot and wound, will that be used as evidence of malice or criminal intent on my part?
    Don't wound them. You can't be faulted for failing to resurrect someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emtdaddy1980 View Post
    Don't wound them. You can't be faulted for failing to resurrect someone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Pistols aren't death rays and some assailants more resemble jackals than lions. Colombian CQB shots will not get nods of approval from investigators.