Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    And finally, while our issue 92s were not, I think I would like the "G" model, with the spring loaded decock levers, to just avoid the issue of the 92 levers defaulting to the down/safe position.
    That would be my choice as well.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    And finally, while our issue 92s were not, I think I would like the "G" model, with the spring loaded decock levers, to just avoid the issue of the 92 levers defaulting to the down/safe position.
    Beretta came out with a kit to convert a F slide to G. There was a guy filling the holes, and redrilling them like a G slide, but I rather the kit. Conversion was over $150... maybe closer to $200, so a $55 kit from Beretta was more appealing.

I did it to my Brigadier slide, and was easy to install. Just needed to oil and work it, as the finish on the decocker was causing it to bind. Sat for about an hour, moving it by hand. Got progressively more reliable, up to the end where now it functions like a traditional G model... 100%.

Does anyone here have experience handling the M9A3 yet? Seems like a good development of the platform, but I haven't been able to get my hands on one due to being OCONUS.

Beretta just came out with a new version, the 92X. Intended for competition use. It has a frame mounted safety/ decocker, along with some other improvements. Grip looks a bit more compact. Can be had with a flat trigger if desired. A tad expensive at $1400 MSRP, but looks like everything I'd want in a 92.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.