Default First Tropical Storm of the season for the gulf.

Predicted to hit coastal MS as a Cat I Hurricane. Looks like Texas and western Louisiana will not be much impacted, but those areas are very wet from earlier rains. South Florida was getting a lot of heavy rain. We will get some rain also I think in the FL panhandle. Mobile and coastal AL will get some wind and also a lot of rain.
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...=forecast&MR=1
    Tropical Storm Gordon

7 PM EDT Mon Sep 3 2018

Position 26.7 N 83.4 W

Maximum Winds 58 mph Gusts 63 mph
    Movement WNW at 15 mph
    Minimum Pressure 1003 mb

tropical-storm-gordonmap=forecast&MR=1 1.png
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I'm getting the rain now and will be for some time.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Well I need the rain. Looks to be over me Friday and Saturday, maybe.

This is the storm at 3:45 pm. The marker over land is my position. The circle is where I think the focus of the storm is. It is supposed to make a Cat 1 hurricane. I am waiting for the tropical update. It is supposed to make landfall still in MS, but we are now getting the outer bands. Mobile is still dry, but they are next. The east side of the storm is the one that gets the rain and wind.
    Inked9 4 18a.jpg
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

It is now the height of Hurricane season and there are several storms in the Atlantic.
    Tropical Storm Florence
    Could be a strong storm headed for some area of the SE coast and could be there by Friday as Cat 3 or may 4 . Probably will hit in the Carolinas

Tropical Storm Isaac
    Is currently headed near to the south of Puerto Rico as a Cat I going to the Caribbean and I hope it does not get into the gulf.

We got up around 4 inches of rain in 36 hours (some had 6 or more) from this storm here in extreme Southern Illinois.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    We got up around 4 inches of rain in 36 hours (some had 6 or more) from this storm here in extreme Southern Illinois.
    That sounds like gordon which did go up that way. For 4-6 inches of rain in 36 hours is just a heavy rain for us on the gulf. Try 20 or more inches in 24 hours. The last day or so has finally been dry. August until about the middle of November normally, if we do not get tropical weather, is our dry season. Spent the morning in the sun dismounting a tractor tire using a pickup truck, a board, crowbar, and a few levers and the sun was hot. There was a small handful of sharp gravel between the tire and inner tube. Those problems come from having a used tractor.

[QUOTE=barnetmill;1920182]That sounds like gordon which did go up that way. For 4-6 inches of rain in 36 hours is just a heavy rain for us on the gulf. Try 20 or more inches in 24 hours. The last day or so has finally been dry. August until about the middle of November normally, if we do not get tropical weather, is our dry season. Spent the morning in the sun dismounting a tractor tire using a pickup truck, a board, crowbar, and a few levers and the sun was hot. There was a small handful of sharp gravel between the tire and inner tube. Those problems come from having a used tractor.[/QUOTE

Usually August first of September is hot and dry but this year it has not been that hot really and we have had rain on and off all summer. This rain was extra heavy and there was localize flooding. It has been extra humid tho- kind of weather that has you drenched after being out for only a minute or so.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

It may sit off the coast for a while which may cause extensive coastal damage. Air travel will be disrupted. Many people are leaving for higher ground.

cat scale.jpg

I'm in North central GA and hve seen a number of SC and NC plates. Looks like we are a bug out hotspot. Hopefully everyone evacuates and reduces the number of eople that first reponders have to rescue.
    OODA Observe Overreact Destroy Apologize