Default Far-right poised for big wins in Sweden election

Before anyone makes a comment insinuating that the USA is better, consider the abomination that Americans voted for not just once, but twice. History will show that the election of Trump was a turning point for western civilization.

Far-right poised for big wins in Sweden election

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - The anti-immigration far-right is expected to soar in Sweden's September 9 general election, capitalising on voter discontent as Swedes punish traditional parties over immigration, integration and health care.
    Prime Minister Stefan Lofven's Social Democrats, who have dominated Swedish politics since the 1930s, will remain the biggest party in the country but likely with a record low score, polls suggest.
    The far-right Sweden Democrats (SD) are heading to make the most gains and come in a close second, followed by the conservative Moderates.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Whenever I see "far right" and "Europe" in the same sentence, I translate that as "moderately leftist." I'm not up on Swedish politics, but a quick review of Wikipedia lays out the agenda of the Swedish Democrats as promoting health care improvements, increasing law enforcement, and establishing tighter immigration and border controls. Improving health care hardly sounds conservative to me. I am perpetually baffled at the right-wing's love affair with law enforcement. I appreciate good cops, and yet I still want to live in a world with far fewer police overall. And I think immigration controls are a method of treating the symptom rather than the disease.

The Swedish Democrats are roundly criticized as racist, but I am unable to determine how legitimate that allegation is. Their platform calls for eliminating the special perks and privileges (including separate courts) for the indigenous Sami population. That sounds fair to me, and seems to bear a strong correlation to calls for ending affirmative action in the U.S. Their own propaganda often focuses on the crimes of "Arabs" and "Africans." But they aren't calling for harsher penalties based on race, and would seemingly still want to prosecute Scandinavian rapists and pedophiles, not merely the Arab and African rapists and pedophiles. Given our own media's tendency to yell 'racist' every time a street light turns on (because they only throw out white light), I have become very desensitized to hearing accusations of racism.

Even the farthest right Swede is still well to the left of my position. While it may be a modest improvement for them, it is not enough to renew my faith in humanity.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    The Swedish Democrats are roundly criticized as racist, but I am unable to determine how legitimate that allegation is. Their platform calls for eliminating the special perks and privileges (including separate courts) for the indigenous Sami population. That sounds fair to me, and seems to bear a strong correlation to calls for ending affirmative action in the U.S. Their own propaganda often focuses on the crimes of "Arabs" and "Africans." But they aren't calling for harsher penalties based on race, and would seemingly still want to prosecute Scandinavian rapists and pedophiles, not merely the Arab and African rapists and pedophiles. Given our own media's tendency to yell 'racist' every time a street light turns on (because they only throw out white light), I have become very desensitized to hearing accusations of racism.

Even the farthest right Swede is still well to the left of my position. While it may be a modest improvement for them, it is not enough to renew my faith in humanity.
    Before we come down on the Swedish right we need to take a look at the right in the US and the US in general. I’ve had an extra day off, therefore, the opportunity to waste the previous three hours of my life watching the confirmation hearings for Kavanaugh. The antifa idiots have disrupted the hearings from the gallery, the Democrats on he committee are equal if not to the left of the Swedish left, and the Republicans are as ball-less as any moderate European.

Thank God for the Presidency of Donald J. Trump to interrupt the plans of the globalists who have controlled both parties.
    Last edited by mountaineer; 09-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I've seen the charge of "racist" thrown around as an attack so many times against people who are not racist that unless I see evidence to the contrary I usually assume those making the charge are communists falsely accusing their enemies.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Whenever I see "far right" and "Europe" in the same sentence, I translate that as "moderately leftist."
    The compulsion to lump everything into either "left" or "right" has had a very negative effect on European politics for a long time IMO. Things are not as simple as that and many concepts and political goals that to me are simply pragmatic and grounded in reality are inexplicably only found on one side of the political spectrum (and not all on the same side, mind you). These categories have lost their meanings.

Having said that: The so-called or rather so-perceived strong trend towards the right in Europe is an indication how far to the left or rather how far towards la-la-land politics has drifted in the last decades.
    How is being against uncontrolled mass immigration, calling for effective policing as well as a working court system and rejecting utopistic political projects not grounded in reality anything but "regular" conservative?
    In many European countries, there has not been a real and dependable conservative political option for a long time and the new right parties are just filling a vaccuum the formerly conservative parties have created when they slowly drifted to the left.