Default Who made your AR upper?

Very often people pay premium prices for what they consider to be premium made ARs. Sometimes these are coming from other manufacturers and get stamped with the name of a vendor that did not make that item. Here is some information on AR uppers and also a little for AR lowers.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Cerro Forge and Brass Aluminum according to the video and forge marks on my uppers.

heres a list of all primary manufacturers for uppers. Cerro gave us the most problems with fitting in a couple areas. they never fit any billet lowers due to the shape of their lug for the rear takedown pin, and their threads were off bad enough to strip a few barrel nuts and shear timing lugs.
    A (splintered) = Anchor Harvey Aluminum
    AF = Alcoa Forge
    C AF = Colt Alco Forge
    C MB = Colt / Mueller Brass
    Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge
    CH = Colt Harvey Aluminum
    Circle/Crosshairs w/"AR" = ArmaLite
    CK = Colt / Kaiser Aluminum
    CM = Colt / Martin Marietta
    D (stylized) = Diemaco
    DK = Diemaco / Kaiser Aluminum
    E = Emco
    EK = EMCO/Kaiser
    E MB = EMCO/Mueller Brass
    F keyhole = FNMI / Cerro Forge
    FA = FNMI / Anchor Harvey
    FK = FNMI / Kaiser Aluminum
    FM = FN/Martin Marietta
    FMB = FNMI / Mueller Brass
    Keyhole = Cerro Forge
    L = Lewis Machine & Tool
    LK = LAR / Kaiser Aluminum
    LM = LAR / Martin Marietta
    M (under diamond) = Mueller Industries
    PA = Capco / Anchor Harvey
    PM = Capco / Martin Marietta

The square forge mark is from Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises.
    This was the company that made the upper for the FN M16A4 that I was issued on my final deployment
    Last edited by ShopMonkey; 09-05-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Cerro is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. From what I understand there is not much interest with the higher ups in upgrading old machinery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting in CAPCO. I know they make the new M 320 GL and the lightweight tripod.

Was u aware they made uppers.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

I'm not super concerned about the actual maker, as long as it's in-spec. Getting one from a reputable place like say BCM or Aero should mean that they have checked the parts before they accepted them. I know the receiver extension bores are generally a little tighter, and rear bore alignment is better, too. On my local forum there's always somebody wondering how to square away their super-cheap sow's ear. Well, sometimes you can't. Better to start with decent parts and have fewer issues to chase.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.