Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The 75, 226 and 92 all apparently share a common magazine body/cross section that makes me want to pick up the Dremel and let the chips fall where they may. I have a spare 92 happy stick; maybe today.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

359. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by JDoza View Post
    The Gen 5 for the Ambidextrous controls?
    No, I just never liked finger grooves and now I would have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    No, I just never liked finger grooves and now I would have a choice.

Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes...

Jason,

Older slides don’t work as well with ALS system in Safariland. I think we’ve seen the benefits of NP3 and we all recognize RMRs are necessary. I believe Gen 5 frames will work in the ALS holsters.

9E533F3D-F46C-415C-9EC7-5B7EFE619E82.jpg
    C79D6012-071D-4213-ABD4-BEA1C9267FFB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The 34 is a gunfighter's pistol
    I agree, same reason I like the 41. I donít doubt mr nobody on the 45. Sometimes you have good results with something you are better off sticking too it.

I like the 41 very much, but we’re trying to take into account the universality of the 9mm in this exercise.

For a duty pistol, I think I'd go for the same set-up--G34, X300, RM01, Straight-8 tritium sights. I would choose that in part because of the availability of the ALS holster. That pistol/light combo is huge, and is far more than I can comfortably conceal. But as a duty rig, it works. And it would transition well to my normal gear--G17K with an RM06 and XC1.
    Virtute et Armis

Also, a thought on magazines:

I recently got a few of the new Glock factory 24-rd mags. I've hardly run them at all, so I can't say much about them. But my first impressions are that I have found the tipping point for concealability, and the 24-rd mags are not quite there. I love the 21-rd Magpul mags. I haven't been able to get my hands on the 27-rd Magpul yet, but I suspected it would probably be too long for discrete carry. The 33-rd mag is clearly out.

For a duty rig, I think the 24-rd mags would be great. That depends, of course, on the availability of appropriate mag carriers. I would like to have at least one mag that is covered by a flap and strapped in, just to make sure that one remains no matter how far I fall or how much I roll around.

For CCW, the 21-rd mags are the tops for me.
    Virtute et Armis

Again not an LEO...Large frame Glocks are larger than optimum for me and I imagine many others. I'd prefer a .40 for rural environments/all around use but understand the "universality" of the 9mm. Rural problems can probably be partially solved by carrying a mag in the pouch of something like the Buffalo Bore 147gr +p hardcast. Good for critters and barriers. I really like the feel of the S&W M&P 2.0 5" and it was very easy to hit with for the few rounds I shot it (9mm). The FDE is aesthetically "cool" although it might be drop and lose in a desert environment. Understand they are hard to RMR and Gabe I think hinted at some other issues.

One of Jonathan's earlier posts called RMR essential. Heard today that a well funded medium size department in my area is going to RMR G17s as standard issue. Unfortunately for them, I think they are going Glock MOS.

SW MP 2.0 5inch FDE.jpg
    Last edited by cco45acp; 09-03-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Add pic

Found out today that the MecGar +2 extensions (+3 in 9mm) will fit the Smith. I'll test tomorrow in .40 and 9mm to see how they function.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

359. And a wakeup.