Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    I carry an SI glock most of the time as well. Its the easy-button as far as I'm concerned.

However, some very good points have been made around here as to the efficacy of a DA/SA gun, and its various uses. I use to own a Sig M11-A1, and had intended to buy another. But the more I read, the more the CZ-75 siren song calls to me, and the 74D PCR is all metal and weighs the same as the polymer P07. I thought maybe you had some personal experience or insight in the matter.
    I have a P09 that I'm very happy with. It's very accurate, points very well for me and is comfortable in the hand (not quite as comfortable as a CZ75 but close, and that's pretty good for a polymer pistol). I like the relatively long slide. Mine is in 357 Sig thanks to a special custom barrel and it's a hell of a long range shooter. Yondering improved the trigger for me with some parts from CZ Custom. I'd carry it more but it's more difficult to conceal thanks to the long grip.

One of the things I don't like about CZ is those wacky sights that take up too much room. They make it more challenging to install a red dot and a rear sight (but I understand something is in the pipeline...)

I've shot a few 75s that I also like, but I don't own one. Some of the 75s I've held would qualify as the best feeling pistols I've ever laid hands on, and there are a few models I'd love to have. But there's not money in the bank to own everything I'd like.

My understanding is that the 75 is even more challenging for a red dot than the P07/09 series. I don't need or want a dot on everything I own, but the subject of this thread being "Perfect Duty Pistol", until the 75 can be made a better candidate for a good dot set up (including BUIS) it is disqualified IMO.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    ...or a double-stack 1911 is still concealable given properly fitted clothing and the right holster.
    Do you still have that old Charles Daly?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Found out today that the MecGar +2 extensions (+3 in 9mm) will fit the Smith. I'll test tomorrow in .40 and 9mm to see how they function.
    Tested today. No malfunctions, and slidelock even loaded with single rounds. It's no secret that the OEM 9mm barrel will drop right into the .40 slide and function with acceptable accuracy, but I was pleased to have the extension work in each caliber with the factory mag springs.

(Worked on my 224 as well, but only gained one round because of the wonky mag spring. Not worth the squeeze.)
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    ....But there's not money in the bank to own everything I'd like...I don't need or want a dot on everything I own, but the subject of this thread being "Perfect Duty Pistol", until the 75 can be made a better candidate for a good dot set up (including BUIS) it is disqualified IMO.
    Oughtta write a book:"The Gunfighter's Dilemma." I suffer from the same condition.

Looks like I won't be able to carry the perfect duty pistol until after I retire. Just have to redefine "duty."

In a non-RDS universe, there are more choices, but not necessarily better ones. Today I watched a PX4 choke on some sand and water in a video test and lock up so solidly the slide could not be budged. Likely the rotary barrel shoved the stuff into the slide. As a guy who is never too far away from water, sand, dirt and mud I DQ'd the PX4 (sorry, Ernie), although the non-rotary PX4 subcompact runs like a champ. So I'll be looking at the CZs more closely.

Vive la difference.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

I showed Jonathon my take on "the answer" the other week. Gen4 G34 with SI slide, trigger, extractor and striker. NP3 throughout, and a 6.5 MOA RMR on top. Made an interesting counterpoint to my second gun, a S&W 642 with black Rogard.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Do you still have that old Charles Daly?
    Loved that gun but sadly no, was stolen out of my Fiat after I wrecked it. Dealership failed to lock the car
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    I showed Jonathon my take on "the answer" the other week. Gen4 G34 with SI slide, trigger, extractor and striker. NP3 throughout, and a 6.5 MOA RMR on top. Made an interesting counterpoint to my second gun, a S&W 642 with black Rogard.
    Your answer strongly influenced mine!

My Suarez G34 is just about perfect. It rides in the cab of my car inside a Chromebook bag with a handful of happy sticks, a 500 lumen light, and a blowout kit.