Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BESLAN - 1-3 SEPTEMBER 2004 - LET US REMEMBER

On September 1, 2004, armed Chechen rebels took approximately 1,200 children and adults hostage at a school in Beslan, North Ossetia, Russia, at approximately 9 a.m. local time. The siege ended on September 3, 2004, with more than 330 killed, including 186 children, and more than 700 people wounded.

Chechen Jihadist warlord Shamil Basayev claimed responsibility for the attack.

Let us not forget that the ideology that planned and executed such an event is still alive and thriving and that elements inside the USA itself are giving succor and relief to them.

To learn more about Beslan and what happened there, to know the nature and cruelty of the enemy, read John Giduck's book TERROR AT BESLAN. Unless you are a Jihadist yourself, it will make your blood boil.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If it showed us anything, it showed us that you cannot fiddle around getting a few of platoons together. A squad might be all that you have to deploy with hostile action before bad things like a school full of kids is wired with explosives.

I have no right to criticize the men on scene. I have never faced a real terrorist. I think the world learned lessons there.

Choirboy

And to all the never-done dudes in their mom's basements criticizing the Russian Spetsnaz because they didn't rescue everyone, show us how YOU oh god of tactics, would do it. I dare say once you read the book, that even a combined force of DEVGRU, Force Recon, and DELTA would be hard pressed to better the Russian results.
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 09-02-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

If WT had a required reading list Terror at Beslan would be on it.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

"Chechen Jihadist warlord Shamil Basayev admitted guilt in the attack."

As we've said, words are weapons. Let's use them as such.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

This is a must read book. I had the opportunity to hear John Giduck talk about the attack and the response. The enemy had a determined plan and executed it quickly with overwhelming force and ruthlessness. Adult men and teen boys were quickly killed to eliminate the threat of any internal response.

The book is a blueprint for attacks all over the world. This evil still exists! America does not have the drive or will to protect our schools. Our children should be protected to the same level that you politicians protect themselves and their offices.

If you have not taken the time to review the attack,your training and G2 is lacking.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

We do have a required reading list. Sadly in the age of five minute attention spans and dancing cats on social media, very few actually read. A lost skill I expect by the time our grandkids are hearing stories of our exploits.

Giduck is a good guy whom internet cowards like to attack. I spoke with him once at SHOT. On the same line of study are Robert Spencer's books. Make no mistake, these human animals have suport in the USA by Natural Born Americans. We are at war...not only and always with Communism, but also with the Jihadist.

As well, the Russian Spetsnaz that assaulted the school. SI does in fact have Russian connections. Some of the guys that form our Russian Group have ties to the men at Beslan. Their courage is inspirational.
    Gabriel Suarez

Gabe,

Any chance of posting the reading list so that those who still read and educate themselves might ensure that nothing was missed?
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

I will get around to it later this week. It will involve topics from CT, to PT, and family, and God, and history, and...well...we will see.

Words That Work is my current study.

The Karate Way by Lovett was my last one.

May I humbly suggest "The Christian Warrior"
    ISBN-13 978-0-9802036-3-9