Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My POV after having pulled off SWAT stuff with a Team as well as alone...if the dude working the street doesn't know or cannot grab a handful of his colleagues and manage an entry, serve a warrant, or kill an active shooter...they are not worth a damn.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

FULL AUTO MAG DUMPS = EMOTIONALLY-DRIVEN FEAR BITING
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    FULL AUTO MAG DUMPS = EMOTIONALLY-DRIVEN FEAR BITING
    Also equals a fun time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherloaf View Post
    Also equals a fun time.

Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with winning a fight other than looking down at the dude that tried to kill you.

But fun? How about hitting a head at 200 yards with one shot...and the same head on the run at 10 yards and 15 yards. To me, fun comes from expressing extraordinary skill on demand...not doing an imitation of BumpFire Billy.

Gun games are not our focus
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with winning a fight other than looking down at the dude that tried to kill you.

But fun? How about hitting a head at 200 yards with one shot...and the same head on the run at 10 yards and 15 yards. To me, fun comes from expressing extraordinary skill on demand...not doing an imitation of BumpFire Billy.

Gun games are not our focus

I agree 100%. All of that sounds fun. Id rather learn to consistently make that shot over firing a fully auto rifle.

However, it still sounds fun because I never have fired a fully automatic anything.

Chris

Full auto has its place in "suppressive fire" mode, not sure how often that tactic is needed by your typical CCW holder or normal patrol LEO.

It's fun and kinda cool learning how to manage and control a FA .30 or .50. That said, accurate on target single shots are much more useful in my AO. I "play" with a FA from time to time for entertainment and to keep skills up. I practice real world tactics with handgun and carbine much much more often.

At our last "church shoot", I was ringing 12" steel at 200 yards with an AR. From a bench, I'll add, so hardly impressive compared to WT standards ( I admit I rarely shoot rifles) but guys were commenting on my shooting. But all these guys would've taken full auto over clean COM shots. And yes I know that hitting 12" steel that far (close) out isn't going to win the talent show.

You also gotta admit there's a certain childish glee to be had from full auto mag dumps.

Back OT, I know my local small town (10,000) PD has several semi-auto Bushmasters bouncing around in patrol cars, and one full auto MP5 that's been in the locker for a long time. Nobody recalls how they got it, but everybody knows it's there.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

FA is fun. Mag dumps are fun. Neither is useful. No human wave attacks in my area beat.

The first time I picked up a Thompson I fired it on single. Only when satisfied I could hit a steel gong at 100 did I run short bursts on near targets.

Ma Deuce, M60, MP5s, whatever, controlled bursts and no dumps.

Even when Uncle pays for the rounds, someone's gotta hump 'em.

Offends my sense of thrift.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 0, 12. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post

Nothing worse than walking in heavy, expecting a fight, only to walk back out still heavy.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    FA is fun. Mag dumps are fun. Neither is useful. No human wave attacks in my area beat.

The first time I picked up a Thompson I fired it on single. Only when satisfied I could hit a steel gong at 100 did I run short bursts on near targets.

Ma Deuce, M60, MP5s, whatever, controlled bursts and no dumps.

Offends my sense of thrift.
    I'm on the same page. Every time I've had the opportunity to shoot FA, I've only fired bursts.

Sure, I'd like the option. But I'd like a lot of things I'm unlikely to get. I don't feel like I'm missing out.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps