Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Don't drink the potion.

Re: the .45 XD. The XO bought one, loved it, carried it. Then came the recall. The "upgraded" gun had a substantially heavier and creepier--in a bad way--trigger than before. Worse, it had been 100%. After return, it was not reliable. It doesn't live here anymore. Some relationships just don't work out.
    Sounds like a great idea Papa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I would love a single stack DA/SA Sig, 4" barrel, polymer frame and red dot capable.
    That would have my attention.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    I wish SI would just put out a NP3d, moon-clip, no lock, j-frame .38 +P.
    We could...

There are issues with the modern J-frames however. The more time Shop Monkey and Swamp Thing need to put on something the more the cost goes up. I fear we may end up with something like the MOA Kalashnikov that nobody wanted at the price point.

That said...for a true NPE...not a rules NPE or social NPE or an NPE with a degree of diplomatic protection, a 9mm J Frame with locally sourced FMJ is the ticket...or so I hear.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    We could...

There are issues with the modern J-frames however. The more time Shop Monkey and Swamp Thing need to put on something the more the cost goes up. I fear we may end up with something like the MOA Kalashnikov that nobody wanted at the price point.

That said...for a true NPE...not a rules NPE or social NPE or an NPE with a degree of diplomatic protection, a 9mm J Frame with locally sourced FMJ is the ticket...or so I hear.
    What issues do you see with the modern J frame?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    What issues do you see with the modern J frame?
    Just a parts thing. Once they are NP3, they need fitting to assemble.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

OP here. Made some adjustments and wore the G19 today. Seemed to do OK. Printing was down and I whined less about comfort. May pass on buying a small gun for awhile and save my shekels for an SI RMR package. The G19 would work better to defend against an active shooter or pair ala San Bernardino.

Quote Originally Posted by cco45acp View Post
    OP here. Made some adjustments and wore the G19 today. Seemed to do OK. Printing was down and I whined less about comfort. May pass on buying a small gun for awhile and save my shekels for an SI RMR package. The G19 would work better to defend against an active shooter or pair ala San Bernardino.
    Same decision I've made... A 642 in the pocket may be comfortable but it's not nearly as comforting as a G19. I've got some SI NP3 goodies coming in for the 19's internals and my "next gun" money will be an RMR upgrade instead of a G26 or 43.
    And the J can still ride along for Extra comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by cco45acp View Post
    Nice. Always worth the effort to try to make your ‘real’ gun work, rather than go to a ‘compromise’ gun. That said, I do have a G43 and a Seecamp for the times that I can’t possibly carry a big boy gun.
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

I have or have had the XDs in .45 ACP, Ruger LC9 (back before the Shield, XDs and G43 became available), the Shield in 9mm, the G43 and the Sig 365. Also included in that are a multitude of S&W J-frames, which I still have and carry on occasion. When the Shield came out, it displaced both the LC9 and the XDs for me. Then, the G43 came along and displaced the Shield. I'm still evaluating and reliability testing the P365. I only have about 500 rounds through mine, so far, but it has been without issue. At this point, however, my usual NPE carry is the G43. I'm anticipating a move to the free state of Arizona around the first of the year, before the Peoples' Republic of California can completely implode and I can still sell my house. Once that happens, I anticipate a number of possible changes based on what I can test.