Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I will never see a green golfball the same again.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Tribe,

This was a great class. I’m not talking about the instructor or content, I am way biased on each of those counts. I’m saying that this was a great class. There were 26 students who navigated an extremely complex and detailed journey. They consumed a tremendous amount of knowledge and were tested to make sure that they could actually put it into practice. I saw the signs of mental exhaustion that comes from massive amounts of focus and mental effort.

This class CLEARLY demonstrated their ability to navigate the flow chart of death

This class DOMINATED at articulating micro-statements for scenarios that were complex and fraught with issues

This is a class of WARRIORS who through their physical and mental strength will prevail against any enemy and will occupy the “victim” box in the aftermath

This is a class that will smile as it passes bouncing balls of shit off to unsuspecting others

Overall, this was an amazing cerebral class that represents the start of a new era for SI. It is a curriculum that is offered nowhere else by instructors who were unparalleled in their knowledge and experience. Congratulations class, you are undoubtedly more dangerous today than you were yesterday.

With the utmost respect of a Nobody.
    “How can I shoot people? Shooting people is easy. It is the simple application of the fundamentals of marksmanship. The hard part is ensuring that I have the physical strength to prevail, the moral strength to know when it is right to kill, and the mental strength to articulate the aftermath such that I maintain my freedom while they experience what comes next in the afterlife.”

I totally agree with everyone else! This past weekend was invaluable...to the point that looking back I would have willingly paid double (apologies if I awaken Gabe’s capitalist pirate tendencies haha). While I’ve never been an over-analyzing hand-wringer, the amount of confidence (in yourself AND in the system) that you walk away with just after the first day is incredible. The highway analogy has already been mentioned, as has a few of the “lighter” yet equally teachable moments haha. Being able to work the KWTL Flowchart repeatedly and in depth was excellent exercise. It’s one thing to do it occasionally in your head and within the limits of your own personal imaginiation, but it’s another to learn the “WHY” behind the flow and then run it repeatedly, with other people, under time constraints, and with both clearcut and sh*t green golfball situations, with critique. By the end of class that physical flow chart went from a physical checklist to a true mental/physical flow, as did the microstatement concept. As one of three pro aviators in class, I think I can speak for all of us in emphasizing the importance of a true, internalized flow. We have physical checklists for when time permits and under less than ideal (read green golfball situations) to be used as a backup AFTER executing the flow. The concept is similar in this arena. When golfballs hit the fan there’s no pause button to reach for your trusty, laminated KWTL flowchart with your fill in the blank microstatement on the back. That’s silly, and lowest common denominator BS. But after class you realize you don’t need that for two reasons- you’ve practiced it multiple times and under various circumstances and thus, as Jonathan so eloquently put it, have grooves etched into your mind to fall back on, and two, you understand the WHY behind all of it. It really is that simple. In stressful situations you always default to your training and past experiences...or lack thereof.
    My final input...
    1) If you’re thinking about taking the class, DON’T. Just go click the link and sign up NOW. It’s worth any trade offs you have to make.
    2) Prepare before hand. Actually read and re-read Gabe & Jonathan’s articles and posts before class. You’ll get so much more out of it.

(Apologies for any grammar/spelling, typing this between sets at the gym haha)
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."

The golf balls by the way happened to be there and at hand and were improvised to signify the little bouncing balls of sh*t that you do not want to get stuck with...so you learn to assign them to someone else. It is an easily learned art.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'm glad the students were generally happy with the course. It started off as an idea of "nice to have information" and having taught it a few times I think we've moved to the "need to have information" side.

I'd really like to thank the LEOs in the course that provided invaluable assistance - Jim, Jason and Brian - THANK YOU.

I also attended the class. I want to thank Jonathon, Gabe and the SI staff for such a wealth of information and the obvious hard work to produce such a wonderful product. I will echo the above posts reviews and accolades about the class.

This class gives you an incredible amount of tools for your toolbox to help navigate the aftermath, and it also gets you more comfortable with the legal process. Even though the class material deals with what happens after the last brass case hits the deck, the real value is for the gunfight. Gabe talks about mindlessness. You must have your skills honed, your tactics dialed in, but most importantly your mind must be right to be able to act mindlessly. In that exact moment of truth you must be clear in your mind and purpose and know the situation demands the use of lethal force. You can not hesitate and wonder if you should or what might happen to you, that hesitation might cost you or someone else their life. This class gives you confidence and tools to use before the gunfight to know if the situation demands lethal force and the clarity of purpose. This class is essential if you carry a weapon. Jonathon asked if we feel more deadly than before the class.....I do!
    Last edited by CaptShack; 08-27-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Don M.
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

For those that didn't make it to this course, next time don't think about it, sign up as soon as the notice goes out. The material is divided between "need to know" and 'good to know'. Johnathan clearly defines which is which. He presents a way to process the decision to use righteous deadly force and how to explain yourself and show yourself to be the good guy. He and Gabe have developed a flow chart that is Occam's Razor for use of force decisions. All the non-essentials are cut away and you are left with a decision tree that leaves you, very quickly, with a go/no go method of deciding to press the shot off or not. He then gives you tools to explain why you did what you did and why it was right. Power, not fear based, decision making, both before and after the fight.

I hadn't done much with the flow chart until this course. At the end of the course a group of us were talking and one told the story of an arrest made in a road rage incident where deadly force would have been absolutely justified. The next morning, heading to the airport, I had a bike pull up next to me, rider is mean mugging, just like the story the previous day. I was at the fourth, final stage when the guy accelerated away. I'm not a stranger to the process, it was surprising how I'd internalized the flow chart to the point it was like a pre-mission checklist.

Johnathon, thanks for the hard work and great instruction, Chris thanks for the scenarios, Gabe and those that helped him, thanks for bringing this together.

Jim Miller

ISA 6:8

The accolades and superlatives for the course, Jon, Gabe, and Chris were more than well-earned. The necessity and applicability of this knowledge is without question for a renaissance warrior.

A huge thanks and commendations to my classmates, all of whom participated in sharing their thoughts, perspectives, and experiences. If knowledge is power, this is one powerful group.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

Upcoming classes:
    See you in Prescott 25-26 August for I2M.

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)