Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm curious.

1. Will the 220 take a DP as well?
    2. Is there room for the DP and a separate dovetailed rear cowitness sight?
    3. Could the G20 have been set up that way? (I have a G19 that is, and it's a tack driver.)
    4. Will the 220 function with .40?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    4. Will the 220 function with .40?
    It should cycle fine because it's made to run most commercial 10mm that is essentially 40 S&W in a longer case. However, it's not safe in a Sig (or most other brands) and can potentially result in case head separations. It is safe in a Glock, in that it'll either fire safely or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    It should cycle fine because it's made to run most commercial 10mm that is essentially 40 S&W in a longer case. However, it's not safe in a Sig (or most other brands) and can potentially result in case head separations. It is safe in a Glock, in that it'll either fire safely or not at all.
    K-THX!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

2, 2, 11. And a wakeup.

Nice comparison of 220 vs G20. I think the 220 is a better choice for 10mm carry than a 1911. More reliable and stronger.

Seems to me that FNX 45 improved on G21. And, that a 10mm version could hold 17 in the mag. I'd be a sucker for such a gun. Also, for a 227 in 10mm.

To me, 10mm is the big step up to magnum, while the 45 is best for lessening indoor blast and for sub-sonic suppressed. 10mm penetrates better and makes for a far shot.

G20s are realistic monsters, unlike say a Desert Eagle, or that massive military HK. However, in the interest of being more practical they could really use slide contouring, and a beefier dust cover, like the FNX has. Also, the rounded slide contour of hammer fired guns aids in concealment over striker-fired guns. And more so in these largest Glocks.

I can conceal an FNX 45 with the flush 14 round magazine floor plate. It does print though, in the 4 o' clock outside pants leather holster. That is the difference in their "concealibilty," how much less an FNX prints than a G20/21.

Allright, I admit, I'd carry a gen 4 G20 concealed before the FNX, in a severe environment. It's stronger, simpler, lighter and far more powerful. The FNX 45 though for current threat levels, due to its superior ergonomics and lesser printing.

Unfortunately, appendix carry doesn't work for my 215lb 6' build. I'm athletic but carry a slight belly. Athletic enough to have worked as a surf lifeguard for my Florida city in 2015, so not too much sniggering at this 1962 classic please.

At first people would kid me about the loaded weight of guns like the FNX 45 and G20, and it seemed like an insurmountable disadvantage. Not so though, because you can carry Lehigh Xtreme Defense etc that are light bullet weight. And this is where 10mm has another advantage over 45, it's bullet weights are less.

For instance, my G20 with Arredondo should weigh 33oz, loaded with 20 X 46grn Magsafe SWAT (case weight is 100 grain). I was lucky to buy 900 at 69 cents each, but Lehigh Defense are also available, loaded or just the bullets. They range from 100 to 115 grain, so your mag weighs not much more than an equivalent capacity 9mm Glock mag (9mm cases weigh 60 grain). By contrast, 20 rounds of 230 grain 45 should bring a Glock 21 up to 42 ounces.

10mm provides 200 fps more than their 90 grain +P+ 9mm, and for a 115 grain. It's noteworthy that the 115 grain 40 caliber Xtreme Defense bullet creates a 3 "permanent wound cavity in 40 S&W and 3.125 in 10mm. Which makes them the most deadly pistol loads. The 90 grain 9mm +P, the 120 grain 45, and the 90 grain 357 Sig; only manage 2.5".

If you reload, a 60c bullet (115 grain) is putting you squarely in 10mm training ammo prices. So, what I'm showing is that your fully loaded Glock 20 need weigh no more than a Glock 17 (using 115 grain), and will be only two rounds short in capacity. Into the bargain is enhanced terminal ballistics too, and all these advantages for the scant effort of reloading a straight wall case.

Seriously, against humans you can launch 115 grain bullets at 1700 fps that penetrate deeply and possibly create 3.125 inch permanent wound cavities, if ballistic gel is anything to go by. Then, with a hunting barrel and heavy cast bullets you can turn right around and hunt and defend yourself from gnarley beasts in the wilderness. That's one hell of a flexible caliber!

The stats on the Lehigh load, whose equivalent is available much cheaper elsewhere: https://www.lehighdefense.com/collec...ant=5403093508

Lehigh bullets for 60c:
    https://www.lehighdefense.com/collec...nt=10153340356

Or less here:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...free-box-of-50

Holy shit! Underwood runs it at 1700 fps, and at a very decent $1.35 cost, for carry ammo:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...free-box-of-20

I fully understand others qualms over loads like Magsafe SWAT, but I carry a further four magazines, now of 20 rounds each, in my Hillpeoplegear chest rig. I may switch what's in the gun to Xtreme Defense but the extra mags need to remain with lighter ammo.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 09-10-2018 at 08:08 PM.