Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    Don't hate, I'm asking because I don't know and I value the opinions here much more than a random product review or some dude on YouTube. I have been reviewing the 10mm threads and am wanting to put an aftermarket barrel on my G20. I was thinking a 6inch KKM or their compensated barrel. I also ran across a ported Storm Lake barrel on a Glock type website that sells some funky looking stuff. Don't know anything about SL quality.

Looking for the best quality and best performance and willing to pay for it. Main use will be anti critter when mountain hiking. Thanks.
    KKM, without question. I have a couple KKM barrels and one SL - the quality and finish are no comparison.

The 6" barrel will look kinda funny out of a G20, but that would maximize the round's performance. It's not at the top of my priority list, but I am considering doing the same thing, eventually. A 5"ish barrel will probably look more balanced. KKM is good to work with, you can call them and tell them what you want (barrel length, threading, comp, etc.) if it's not already available on their site.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    KKM, without question. I have a couple KKM barrels and one SL - the quality and finish are no comparison.

The 6" barrel will look kinda funny out of a G20, but that would maximize the round's performance. It's not at the top of my priority list, but I am considering doing the same thing, eventually. A 5"ish barrel will probably look more balanced. KKM is good to work with, you can call them and tell them what you want (barrel length, threading, comp, etc.) if it's not already available on their site.
    Thanks Brent, I sent them an email with some questions.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

Their site lists a 4.5" and a compensated match barrel that has me thinking about holding onto my 29.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 17. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Their site lists a 4.5" and a compensated match barrel that has me thinking about holding onto my 29.
    That is interesting.

Yes, definitely KKM. I have no love for Storm Lake barrels, personally, IMO they are on the same level as Lone Wolf (bottom end stuff).

I'd skip the compensated barrel though; they are not a great idea especially if you plan to ever use hard cast bullets, which the 10mm is great for. Better to go with a threaded barrel and a brake if you're wanting more recoil control.

Appreciate the input, I do plan to use hardcast most of the time.