Default M1A any thoughts on the current offerings

FIRST yes I know the M1a is a dated system SECOND yes I do have "better" modern SWS options

Im asking about M1As because I like them. I have a LRB set up as a 1980s M21-esque rifle. Now Im thinking about another, perhaps as something more M25-esque with a better optic and better stock and better bipod.

Im torn between the LRB Arms M25 Heavy Match and the Springfield White Feather. The Springfield is at least $1K cheaper, but its a Springfield and it doesn't have iron sights.

Anybody have actual experience with either rifle?

Thoughts?

I'm still kinda itching for a scout squad. I just think they're sexy. No other reason than that.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I'm still kinda itching for a scout squad. I just think they're sexy. No other reason than that.
    Yep its the sexy part for me. I shot my first PRS match using the LRB M21. The modern stuff is clearly better but theres something about sexy

My M14 is one of my favorite guns. Its a Springfield "loaded" that I upgraded with some parts from Sadlak. I can make eyeball sized groups at 300 yards with it with 168's all day long. Ran it through Spetsnaz Sniper where Gabe was lucky enough to catch the second ever malfunction I have had with it on video lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    My M14 is one of my favorite guns. Its a Springfield "loaded" that I upgraded with some parts from Sadlak. I can make eyeball sized groups at 300 yards with it with 168's all day long. Ran it through Spetsnaz Sniper where Gabe was lucky enough to catch the second ever malfunction I have had with it on video lol.
    The Springfield White Feather is closer to the Heavy Match. It has a scope mount/rail that's supposed to be pretty good (attached two points on top of the receiver instead of just the stripper clip guide), and it has the rear lug. Im not sure how important the rear lug is; but I guess Im not opposed to it. The BIG thing for me is the lack of a front sight. Admittedly the irons aren't used with a scoped SWS and the likelihood of removing a scope to continue fighting is slim if the scope becomes F'd. On the plus side NOT having a front sight does make adding a suppressor easier???

If you get a Springfield make sure it has a heart barrel. The super match with 168 grain match, not reloads, I was shooting sub moa. Get a supermatch and change stocks to whatever you want. I didn’t mind a standard McMillan with palm swell.

I've had my M1A since 1978. It'll be mine till I die. But I almost never shoot it these days. When I shoot a .30 caliber it's either the GII or a Dec. 44 M1 Garand that makes the M1A look like an AK on paper.

On the M14 forum I hear a lot of "like" for the Bula receivers/rifles. No experience with them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    I've had my M1A since 1978. It'll be mine till I die. But I almost never shoot it these days. When I shoot a .30 caliber it's either the GII or a Dec. 44 M1 Garand that makes the M1A look like an AK on paper.

On the M14 forum I hear a lot of "like" for the Bula receivers/rifles. No experience with them myself.
    Any thought on LRB vs Fulton vs Springfield as a M25 type gun