Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    In response to Gabe asking what pistol works fine out of the box....Walther PPQ.....May need RMR, BUT, accurate and reliable out of the box, both M1 and M2 with 5" barrel. Have both never had an issue. Training classes, range time excess 5k rds each so far, running great.
    Nope...got one for study and it was trash. Try again.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Nope...got one for study and it was trash. Try again.
    I'd actually be curious at your findings, I wouldn't have guessed it.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Needs better trigger, better sights, a red dot, better grip angle, better parts support, lower cost magazines...etc., etc.

NOTHING MASS PRODUCED IS PERFECT...OTHERWISE...

The cheapskates that keep tje gun industry afloat wouldnt buy it on price alone.
    Gabriel Suarez

Being good at anything requires money and effort. Neither works by itself. Especially when it comes to shooting and car racing. I don't know why people don't get it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Travlin View Post
    All the Sigs I have run like champs. A little luvin coming out of the box and never had an issue.

Every mechanical system has the posibility of not being at 100% from the factory but maybe I'm in a minority. IF there is an issue at the start it doesn't distract from the end product after its been worked through.
    hear here...I’ve owned SIG pistols from 1987 til now, stamped and folded sheet steel slides to the stainless, external extractor slides...run great...many times the triggers on the newer models are better than my West German made models...and my American P226 is just fine thank you...

Ron Cohen takes a lot of flack on the Errornet but he sure seems to make SIG a lot of money and if he didn’t I’d expect they would have kicked him to the curb long ago...

Bill
    Last edited by silversport; 08-12-2018 at 08:54 AM.

The Ohio county’s Sheriff’s Department will be purchasing the SIG P226R as well as the compact P239 and an undisclosed number of M400 rifles. The Franklin Country Sheriff’s Department is a substantial agency employing over 1,500 armed officers responsible for patrol, investigations and county corrections.

Attachment 56190
    NEWINGTON, N.H., (July 26, 2018) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to announce the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department has selected the P226 Pistol as their official duty sidearm, and the department will additionally acquire the M400 rifle as the agency’s patrol rifle and the P239 pistol for the detective unit. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department is a full-service law enforcement agency located in Columbus, Ohio.

With this acquisition, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department will, for the first time, be issuing a standard duty pistol to every certified officer on our force. We chose SIG SAUER’s P226 as our standard issue pistol after an extensive testing and review process and feel this is the best choice for our force,” began Captain James Simmons of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office. “The P239 pistol and the M400 rifle are also being placed into service in our department and we are looking forward to developing our relationship with SIG SAUER.”

The SIG SAUER P226R pistol has earned a reputation with law enforcement and elite military agencies for its reliability, performance, durability in various environments, and consistent accuracy. The P226R pistol features an integral accessory rail for tactical light systems. The new duty service pistol for the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department will feature a hard anodized aluminum black frame with a black Nitron finished stainless steel slide and a 9mm 15-round magazine. The P239 9mm pistol is a compact classic line pistol with an aluminum frame and black polymer grips.

Seems like a wise choice. I use my SIG Sauer P 226 frequently and it has never failed me...neither has my P 220, 228 or 229. Simple Is Good.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

The Ohio county’s Sheriff’s Department will be purchasing the SIG P226R as well as the compact P239 and an undisclosed number of M400 rifles.
    Hmm! - Apparently, Franklin County Sheriff’s department got the last of the SIG P239 pistols. I recently read that SIG has discontinued the P239 and that pistol no longer appears on their website.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    Hmm! - Apparently, Franklin County Sheriff’s department got the last of the SIG P239 pistols. I recently read that SIG has discontinued the P239 and that pistol no longer appears on their website.
    Which is unfortunate as the 239 is a great low profile pseudo NPE pistol
    Gabriel Suarez

Which is unfortunate as the 239 is a great low profile pseudo NPE pistol
    Unfortunate indeed!

They did the same with the P290RS - An excellent NPE pistol.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, try finding magazines. An old battle buddy has a P239 and I'm gifting him a couple of mags; they're running as high as a C-note, but I got "lucky" and found a couple around $75 apiece. Ah, the price of friendship.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."