Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Bucks the Trend and Selects SIG P226

The Ohio county’s Sheriff’s Department will be purchasing the SIG P226R as well as the compact P239 and an undisclosed number of M400 rifles. The Franklin Country Sheriff’s Department is a substantial agency employing over 1,500 armed officers responsible for patrol, investigations and county corrections.

1.jpeg

NEWINGTON, N.H., (July 26, 2018) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to announce the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department has selected the P226 Pistol as their official duty sidearm, and the department will additionally acquire the M400 rifle as the agency’s patrol rifle and the P239 pistol for the detective unit. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department is a full-service law enforcement agency located in Columbus, Ohio.

With this acquisition, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department will, for the first time, be issuing a standard duty pistol to every certified officer on our force. We chose SIG SAUER’s P226 as our standard issue pistol after an extensive testing and review process and feel this is the best choice for our force,” began Captain James Simmons of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office. “The P239 pistol and the M400 rifle are also being placed into service in our department and we are looking forward to developing our relationship with SIG SAUER.”

The SIG SAUER P226R pistol has earned a reputation with law enforcement and elite military agencies for its reliability, performance, durability in various environments, and consistent accuracy. The P226R pistol features an integral accessory rail for tactical light systems. The new duty service pistol for the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department will feature a hard anodized aluminum black frame with a black Nitron finished stainless steel slide and a 9mm 15-round magazine. The P239 9mm pistol is a compact classic line pistol with an aluminum frame and black polymer grips.

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Well, they can’t go wrong with the sig. I was checking out a legion the other day. Pretty sweet...

They were issuing 220s in Georgia.

..and SIG Sauer is based in NH.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Helped a local PD, armed with a hodgepodge of revolvers and automatics, transition to the 226 so long ago I still had hair.

First the range master put me (BHP) left of the chief ( J-frame) in a high round stage of fire.

The merits of a hicap nine became obvious. Or maybe it was the shower of hot brass, They went with 226s and SSIIIs.

No rails then.

Bet Ohio County's new guns won't choke when you hang a light on them.
    Last edited by Papa; 08-10-2018 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Just 'cause.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

2, 3, 17. And a wakeup.

They can indeed go wrong. Modern SIG quality control just isn't what nostalgia remembers. I hope the obvious political move doesn't turn into a cluster such as NJSP suffered when they bought 229s.

Sorry, guys; the prom queen you remember is on the pipe, exactly like her sister Kimber.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

If a department buys 1,500 model M400 rifles, do think Sig will provide them with the specs on barrels and bcg? I have an M400 enhanced upper that runs fine, but the specs are basically “trust us”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    They can indeed go wrong. Modern SIG quality control just isn't what nostalgia remembers. I hope the obvious political move doesn't turn into a cluster such as NJSP suffered when they bought 229s.

Sorry, guys; the prom queen you remember is on the pipe, exactly like her sister Kimber.
    Have there been issues with the SIG "classic" pistols???...other than perhaps some "special forces muff diver delta" versions or the newer striker fired versions, I've not read that...sad if true

Bill

I dunno...I have three SIG P-226 and they all work fine. Never had any issues with them. I keep one handy when someone brings a DA pistol to class. I would carry one of them over any SIG 320. So maybe the prom queen became a rich CEO nympho and the pipe she is on is different than the one Kimber is on.

0418181703.jpg
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by silversport View Post
    Have there been issues with the SIG "classic" pistols???...other than perhaps some "special forces muff diver delta" versions or the newer striker fired versions, I've not read that...sad if true

Bill
    NJSP is suing SIG, alleging that their 229s have an ongoing failure to extract problem, and that customer service has not been responsive. They bought Glocks as a fix. The M11A1 has the same issues in the open market: you either get a lemon or a working gun.

The Kimber crack is a note that the same micromanaging CEO that nose-dived Kimber is now in charge at SIG, and the QC issues in the US started with him.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle