The modern officer friendly that the politicians like.
This officer did not delay, but this was for a medical emergency and not one of violence. Hopefully she would respond with the same dispatch to a school shooting event.

f83bcc90-4388-42c4-bb02-3066c7c55faf-Officer_Jessie_Ferreira_Cavallo.jpg

Another woman in military uniform also stopped to help.
Hastings-on-Hudson Police Officer Jessie Ferreira Cavallo said she was on her way to work Friday afternoon when she saw a boy running along the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers.With horror, she said she watched the boy climb up over a guardrail and jump several feet from an overpass onto concrete below."Everything happened so fast and I think my adrenaline was pumping so high," she said. "He just climbed up and jumped off."She said she immediately parked her car on the shoulder, stuffed her pockets with first-aid materials from her car and then jumped after the boy, who she said looked like a young teenager."I wasn't thinking too much," she said. "I just knew, when I looked down and saw him ... he looked dead. I couldn't see anything other than blood. I thought to myself, 'He needs help. I need to help him.'"
She also:
The 28-year-old officer said she has received about six lifesaving awards in her seven years as a police officer.
She has also been recognized for undercover work with the FBI and a county task force.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/loc...boy/910113002/