Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I signed up at WT on 10/2/03 after lurking for a few days and if I remember correctly I was like the 113th person to sign up....

In Nov 2005 I attended my first SI class. That was the week long Ultimate Combat Skills class in Conyers Ga where I met several people who are still members here to this day (shout out to Mr. Michael Biggs !) It is a wonder I didn't give Gabe arthritis when I showed up with every book Gabe had written up to that point to get them all autographed. That first class was where Gabe asked me to join his crew of instructors he was wanting to assemble. I'd like to think it might have had something to do with being able to hit what I was aiming at on a dead run off the X with a pistol but I think it might have had just as much to do with me employing my 12" witness protection shotgun from inside my Xterra in the vehicle gunfighting evolutions..... Little did we know that a decade later the Stakeout would seize the imagination of the tactical world...........

Fast forward to 8/6/18 and at this point I'm the longest tenured SI instructor and in that time I have seen a lot of both good times and sad on the forum. I've seen a lot of people come and go and we sadly have lost some people who we'll see again someday on the other side..... Remember Geezer and Anthony and our brother John Chambers. RIP brothers.

It has been a unique place on the web and has been a great place for me personally to grow and develop over the last 15 years both through classes and teaching and through forum interaction and education from the other posters here. No matter what the future brings there'll always be fond memories of the times had and knowledge gained here and hopefully I have contributed some education (and maybe a little comedy ) to other members. Whatever the future brings, the past,the good times and the friends will carry on through the hearts and memories of those of us who have been here.

And (hopefully without it sounding all sappy), I personally owe Gabe a great deal of gratitude for believing in me and bringing me on board way back then and actually listening to things a virtual "nobody" had to say and even implementing some of that into SI curriculum over the years. Its been a wild ride ... and sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder where all the time went.

Here's to Warrior Talk !
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 08-07-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

To steal and play with a line from Crane - "A mysterious fraternity borne of gunsmoke and danger of death"
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Congratulations. It seems like yesterday when you were putting on the Warrior Talk Symposiums in Memphis.
    "A warning is not a threat, but a spoken threat is a foolish warning to give your enemies. If a man is worth threatening, then he is worth killing. Cut him down before a word is spoken. Otherwise keep your tongue prudently sheathed along with your sword." -Akiyama Munenoshi

All the modern technique experts said the Kalashnikov was no damned good, usually not letting one on the range, much less in class. I could have just taken the words at face value, but I had read some enlightened articles on the use of the AK by Gabe and have used WT as a learning resource for almost 12 years . My first Suarez class was a whirlwind of knowledge absorbtion - six straight days with Gabe in March of 2007. That experience changed my outlook, moving away from competition and toward martial aspects. After attending several SI classes covering a wide variety of subjects, Gabe's direct teaching or approximately a dozen of his capable corps of instructors, I find I still have much to learn.
    Last edited by Popshot; 08-07-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Thanks to Gabe and members I trained with for the training.

Gabe Suarez, Suarez International
    Reality Based Knife Fighting, Greenville, SC, September, 2005
    Close Range Gunfighting 2, Greenville, SC, September, 2005
    Interactive Gunfighting, Montgomery, AL, October, 2005
    Ultimate Combat Skills, Atlanta GA, November, 2005
    Tactical Improvised Weapons, Atlanta, GA, June, 2006
    Extreme Close Range Gunfighting, Atlanta, GA, June, 2006
    Advanced Rifle Gunfighting, Greenville, SC, November, 2006
    Extreme Close Range Gunfighting, Florence, SC, March, 2007
    Warrior Talk Symposiums

Gabe was also got me to look at AIWB, Getting Off The X etc....

Almost all my training since was with instructors I met through Gabe and this forum.

Many thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    It’s been a wild ride with consistent growth and improvement. Congratulations.
    If you want to be the first to see something new and worth while, this is the place to be. No reason to look elsewhere for training or to learn about innovative equipment.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I think I signed on in 2007 and the list of things I’ve learned here is long. Congratulations boss and thanks to you and the tribe for all the knowledge!

JB

Well, Gabe, this seems like a good time to just thank you for what you have done here and all you have accomplished. After I got out the Army and started working in the civilian world, I had a real hard time adjusting. And by hard time, I mean depressing. It was just an eye opener to see how different I was from every one else. The things I found interesting or exciting, just seemed to offend coworkers and neighbors. Although I could hide it from everyone, I just didn't fit in with these people.

And then I found Warrior Talk! A lone voice in the woods reminding me that there are others!

Thank you, again!