Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Gabe,

while i I know you don’t agree with Ayoob, your statements in bold above align about 90% with what he teaches regarding the aftermath of a shooting.
    That was my thinking. I attended LFI along time ago and was going to comment but then saw Gabes comment and thought the same thing. I was not impressed with the shooting portion pf the course but thought the aftermath portion of the class was excellent.

Being retired LEO, I am still a member of CLEAT. Wife will be calling them if I get involved in something now. Planning ahead is the key. Thinking about how to respond once in the chit is not a smart idea.

In regards to the "Mark of Cain" concept, it is what it is. Everyone is going to process it differently. Regardless of how you "feel" about it, people are going to see you differently. That said, that really has nothing to do with how you are gonna respond to Investigators working the shooting.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sharkey; 03-02-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    That was my thinking. I attended LFI along time ago and was going to comment but then saw Gabes comment and thought the same thing. I was not impressed with the shooting portion pf the course but thought the aftermath portion of the class was excellent.

Being retired LEO, I am still a member of CLEAT. Wife will be calling them if I get involved in something now. Planning ahead is the key. Thinking about how to respond once in the chit is not a smart idea.

That said, that really has nothing to do with how you are gonna respond to Investigators working the shooting.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

On CLEAT and lawyers in general.

On one of my OIS I was still on scene awaiting the team of Rangers when I got a call from my CLEAT Rep asking if they needed to get a lawyer enroute. I hadn't called them, but the blue crew has big ears and they heard none the less which prompted the call to me. I told them No, and that I would call them if needed.

Either way, whether I called them, or they called me, they still weren't going to beat the Rangers to the scene for the walk through. This is true of any lawyer unless you were having lunch with them when the hammer dropped, and is something to keep in mind.

The Rangers didn't require me to do the walk through right then, and would have given me time had I needed it. But I was ready, and did the walk through before I ever left the scene, and filed my report after I cleared the scene. The statement with the Rangers was the next day, and was cleared to go back to duty in under 72 hours (took 3 months to get to grand jury and be No-Billed) from the time of the OIS.

UNDERSTAND, and be respectful of, but don't fear the process.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I am a student here. All I can do is listen to what is offered and evaluate it logically. In my experience, if what "studies and experts" advise doesn't confirm common sense, then it is suspect. What I read from those that are offering real life experience and advice makes more sense to me than the clamming up advice from those who have none. The flowchart makes sense to me. We had this very discussion today at our church safety team training scenario. One guy says, "Instead of issuing a lot of orders and getting him to lay down, I would have shot the shouting, geared up, rifle, pistol, and sword armed man who invaded a service with 500 people in the room even though his hands were empty." So I asked, "What did you see? What did you think was happening? Why was what you would have done reasonable?" We walked through the flowchart without even looking at it. It all makes sense. That's why we come here; that's why we spend our money here. To get better prepared.