Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Braedenton...yeah. We had them back in the Jurassic as well. Some were dudes...others were girls. Many eventually ended up in command (qualified as they were). I called one guy out in the locker room once. It was the night that I got two bad guys in one event. The pussy damn near ran me over in his car as he sped "away" from the scene with the announced intent of blocking traffic to keep citizens out of the line of fire.

What I called him would have made a drunken Marine Drill Instructor blush and look at the deck. Felt good too. Got 16 hours disciplinary time as a result, but it was quite worth it. Not all police are warriors...that much is clear.

On getting the mind right? See my post on self-image. That goes far beyond Cooper's mind set. A collie can be an adequate watch dog...alert, loud barker, and all of those things. But a collie will never be a wolf. Be the wolf...embody this, and when events present you with a bad guy that has taken a hostage you won't be "stressed out", you will smile and express your wolfness.

All those head shots we take out to 25 yards...the shot in the video was more like what...ten or fifteen feet. Well within the capability of anyone here.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

For those in the know, is it ok to just shout “Mine!” when you believe you have the best shot? I’ve seen several videos over the years were several LEOs are approaching the suspect when one of them fired and suddenly all of them proceed to empty their guns reflexively.

I used to. Recall my article on fear aggression...that is what causes this sort of thing.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Braedenton...yeah. We had them back in the Jurassic as well.
    I'd laugh, but I'm too tired. When we go back to work next week we're going to debrief a shooting incident wherein I went in alone because the cavalry was just too far away. Shots fired, unknown if injuries, and by the time first backup arrived I had PC, eyes on the shooter's vehicle, and was moving up on the shooter's location. I had him detained by the time the rest of the crew arrived. And suddenly I had two or three people taking charge of the scene and constantly interrupting my investigation and letting me know how much they knew. We didn't find the gun, and one city cop repeated I don't know how many times that he just wanted to know where the gun was and didn't feel safe until he knew. Welcome to my world, ace.
    1. God bless them for coming. Seriously.
    2. Shit happens. Yeah, we all want to go home at the end of shift, but going home at end of shift is not what they pay me for. I would not want to go home at end of shift knowing my indecision or hesitation had cost the lives of innocents.
    3. If you've come to help, help. If a need is obvious, tell me what you've done, don't ask me what to do.
    4. Life is imperfect. So is police work.
    I expect the perfectionists to give me hell at the debrief, having had all weekend to hone their knives. God give me the patience to deal with them.

C'est la Guerre.
    Last edited by Papa; 08-05-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

2, 3, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I expect the perfectionists to give me hell at the debrief, having had all weekend to hone their knives. God give me the patience to deal with them.

C'est la Guerre.
    Good luck on Monday
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Thanks. It'll be Thursday. We live in an alternative universe.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

2, 3, 16. And a wakeup.

I'll say this... after watching the video again. There were probably 20 people around when this first started going down. It's unfortunate that no one thought to protect the lady in the walker that eventually was killed.
    Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    my heart will not be afraid.
    Even if I am attacked,
    I will remain confident.

Psalm 27:3 (NLT)