Default Guns being taken from people deem unfit

More than 450 people in Florida ordered to give up guns under new law, report says
    The details are not all given. But guns are being seized from Florida citizens under new laws passed in the wake of recent killings in florida schools and elsewhere
    Hundreds of gun owners in Florida have been ordered to give up their guns under a new law that took effect after the deadly Parkland shooting in February, according to a report published Monday.
    The Risk Protection Order, signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott just three weeks after a gunman killed 17 people at Stoneman Douglas, aims to temporarily remove weapons from gun owners who have been deemed by a judge to possibly be a threat to themselves or others.

Roughly 200 firearms have been confiscated in the state since the law was enacted, Sgt. Jason Schmittendorf, of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, told WFTS-TV. "Around 30,000 rounds of ammunition" were also taken, he said.
    A five-person team in the county that's worked solely on the risk protection law reportedly has filed 64 risk protection petitions in court. Broward County, according to the news outlet, has filed 88 risk protection petitions since March.
    "Its a constitutional right to bear arms and when you are asking the court to deprive somebody of that right we need to make sure we are making good decisions, right decisions and the circumstances warrant it, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told the station in defense of the task force.
    Every petition filed under the order in Pinellas County has so far been granted by the judge, according to the report.
    FLORIDA GOV. RICK SCOTT SIGNS GUN BILL FOLLOWING PARKLAND MASSACRE, IN BREAK WITH NRA ALLIES
    The first gun seizure under the law occurred in April when Florida authorities confiscated an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle from an Army veteran.
    Jerron Smith's gun was seized when he refused to surrender it voluntarily, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said at the time. The officers also seized a .22 caliber rifle he owned, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bump stock and numerous other weapon-related items.
    In addition to confiscating guns, the law also raised the age to buy a rifle to 21 and established a three-day waiting period on gun purchases.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/30...port-says.html
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Won't give details so folks can't see how it is being abused. AND it IS being abused.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

So what ya gonna do...raise blood pressure and go on a protest march? Take a week off work and make calls to people who do not give a crap?

Or....like you do with your cash, your second set of credentials, burn phones, and credit cards...and cash. Keep some of your guns elsewhere so that if someone comes looking you don't lose everything to them.

Reality Check - Freedom comes from money and preparation...freedom does not come from abstract ideas about your rights.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

Reality Check - Freedom comes from money and preparation...freedom does not come from abstract ideas about your rights.
    Worth reading that again.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Or....like you do with your cash, your second set of credentials, burn phones, and credit cards...and cash. Keep some of your guns elsewhere so that if someone comes looking you don't lose everything to them.
    Burner gun?

If you have cash, guns are easy to get.

I wonder what requirements have to be met for a gun seizure? Mental health report from a doctor? What else?
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I wonder what requirements have to be met for a gun seizure? Mental health report from a doctor? What else?
    Who really give a shit?

Greg's life rule #1, I will never be unarmed

Greg's rule #2, See rule #1.

If you're not on the radar it's not an issue, if you're on your front yard yelling about "MUH RIGHTS" while medicated or in other ways chemically altered or not, you're a dumbass and you deserve what you get.

I am violent, I like violence, but if you've seen me entering or leaving my residence you will see either an office professional, or a firearms professional. Not some sort of deranged 3%, anti-govt, anti-whatever lunatic with mental issues. Good Fing God..... is it so hard to understand the concept of just being normal? For F*cks sake be an adult.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    ... is it so hard to understand the concept of just being normal?
    Gabe Suarez

To prevent Snake Flags beginning to wave and Bundy Brigadeists taking the stage.....
    Gabe Suarez