Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There are times I donít carry a .45 as well. Some assignments have required 9mm. However, were I given a choice on any caliber itíd still be the 5.7x28mm.

In the end, the difference between 9mm and .45 is small when using modern self defense ammunition. If you go to a place or situation where ball ammunition is the norm I think we can show a difference.

Use whatever you feel most comfortable with as itíll be the confidence and competence that carry the day and not the groove and land diameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    Have you had a chance to check out the CMMG Banshee in 5.7x28 yet?
    No, but I will need to. With the s198lf round far superior to the ss190, and easier to get, it’s an outstanding CT choice.

I continue to employ Federal 230 grain Hydra Shoks in my SIG Sauer P-220 and my Colt 1911, whenever I carry them, without any issue or worries.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Doesn’t sound like there’s anything better than HST, just a lot of suggestions for other stuff that’s just a good. I’m not disagreeing, just pointing out that since you asked if there was anything new out there that surpasses the HST, it looks like the answer is no. When I’m carrying .45 it’s either the 230 HST or the 185 Barnes TAC-XPD +P (for slightly less recoil in my aluminum framed CCO).
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

Generally I like Gold Dots but recently have started using Underwood 174g Lehigh max expansion. Wow! Underwood has been impressing me in this and other calibers. JackH

I generally carry 230 gr. HST but would not be too concerned if it were some other quality hollow point.
    A full mag to the face tends to make up for small variances.
    You can buy muscles but you can't buy COJONES.
    Bas Ruten.

ďThe black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberalsí expansion of the welfare state.Ē Thomas Sowell.