Default 7.62x39 firing pins for the AR

Do any here have experience with the enhanced firing pins sold for the AR-15 for use with 7.62x39 steel case berdan cases. I had about a 10% failure to fire due to a light firing pin strike. One a second try with one cartridge, it did fire on the second try.

I have added the what is supposed to be a stronger hammer spring. I plan to order an enhanced firing pin for use in a bear creek arsenal bolt and bolt carrier set up. Firing and extraction has been good and I was using a rifle wt buffer and did have feeding problems that appear to be due to a very rapid bolt. I tried adding three tungsten wts to the buffer and it worked and I will stay with that for a while and if function remains good I will stay with it.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I've had zero issues with firing pins. Full power hammer spring seems to be the solution here.

Using a Wilson Combat 4lb. trigger unit and standard firing pin, I had occasional failures to fire, maybe 5%.

Swapping to a redx arms enhanced firing pin eliminated failures to fire.

The old M&P 5.45X39 uppers/kits came with a stronger hammer spring to replace the std. AR15/.223 springs in your lower receiver. I've shot a lot of Russian surplus steel cased ammo through mine with no issues.

I suppose a slightly longer nose protrusion of the firing pin through the front of the bolt might do the same thing. One company that makes CZ aftermarket parts sells extended firing pins for CZ pistols for use with their lighter than stock hammer springs. Another way of getting it done.

Brownells has the 7.62x39 specific firing pins and bolts in stock last I checked...I keep a spare bolt in the grip and tape the firing pin to the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    Brownells has the 7.62x39 specific firing pins and bolts in stock last I checked...I keep a spare bolt in the grip and tape the firing pin to the stock.
    Probably worth while for me to touch bases with Brownells. I have a bear creek arsenal bolt and they likely can advise what I need for my upper. 7.62x39 AR are said to break bolts and extractors faster than 5.56 and so having a spare with the gun makes good sense to me. With the AK never made sense to carry spares with me. But to honest a firing pin or extractor can break on any gun.
    Bear creek has been selling 7.62x39 uppers for $200 dollars and it seems to be ok. The barrel is likely not chromed or coated so oiling after use is necessary in my humid florida climate. I have a large supply of ammo for AKs and so getting an AR in the same caliber makes sense to me.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    But to honest a firing pin or extractor can break on any gun.
    So can a bottom-quality bolt like your Bare Creek. While it may be sort of functional, their stuff is really bottom of the barrel for quality, so don't be too surprised if you break a bolt lug.

I've had great success using the Black Rifle Arms enhanced firing pin, and now have them in all my ARs. Would definitely recommend you try one.

http://www.blackriflearms.com/AR-762...g-Pin_p_9.html
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther