Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the replies! And randyho, thanks for the comment about the network side of things; I hadn't considered that. I haven't decided which one I'll go with, but it'll be based on your guys' recommendations.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Defense in depth. My tivos, alarm, thermostat, etc., have no idea that my computers exist. That's a good thing.

I dont know what your general arrangement is but my place is watched by a moultrie game cam. Cheap, runs on batts, blends in to the tree its mounted to along the drive, works in the dark, does snap shots or movies and requires no wires.

7M3

Eric,

Socal Reccomended the Ubiquity gear, while I've not used their camera/recording system, I am happy with a number of other features that their hardware has. Combine that with the API they have and you can do a hell of a lot with using your home network as a trip wire.

Al
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI- July '13