Question Raider: Mounted RMR vs Railed Red Dot Optic?

For the stocked Raider shotgun, what is preferred: mounted Trijicon RMR or a picatinny rail mounting plate with your favorite red dot optic (T1, MRO, Eotech, Holosun; I like the circle reticle and wide field of view)?

Preferred iron sight configuration?

Thank you.

I have two 870s with the SI Raider package, both with ghost ring rear and tritium front sights. The first one was such an improvement over front beads that I've used, that I left a second 870 with SI for makeover, by also adding the RMR mounting plate. I chose this option, not for immediate installation of an RMR, but for future growth.

At the same time, I left my Stakeout for installation of slug sights and RMR mount. The slug sights are imperative to run this gun effectively. Adding an RMR makes it even easier to use, to the point that I do not want the Stakeout without an RMR.

For further experimentation, I moved the RMR from the Stakeout to the Raider. Since both have the same mount, this was an easy process. It's no surprise to find out the RMR is also a nice enhancement to the Raider.

The current optic I'm using is RMR-08 green triangle that I took from a G19 with an SI L-mount. I'll have to think which version of RMR I want for the 12 gauges.

I like the ghost ring rear sights on the Raider, they are both quick and precise enough for typical buckshot engagement distances. Targets at greater distances where you would choose a slug is where the slug sights would be advantageous.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

SI is offering atleast these 3 options...
    Some might be better for the compact Stakeout platform, and some might be better for the Raider platform. My preference is a larger FOV and larger dot size, therefore considering the railed version. Plus a rail is universal. But maybe the RMR is very good, and the other choices are not better enough.

Irons (not sure what these are on the order form)

versus

Rail with Red Dot

versus

RMR Mount