Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I honestly prefer the recoil impulse from a .45. To me it feels bigger but... gushier, less sharp, when compared to .40 or .45. I just shoot 9mm far faster than I do .45
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I honestly prefer the recoil impulse from a .45. To me it feels bigger but... gushier, less sharp, when compared to .40 or .45. I just shoot 9mm far faster than I do .45
    Exactly.

I think if you graphed the recoil impulse, .45 would look like a bell where .40/.357 Sig would be more of a spike.

I hadn't fired any .45 in years and shot a little polymer Kahr PM 45 recently. I was surprised how "soft" the recoil was, like a push instead of a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post

I have many thousands of rounds through my issued g21. It is the softest shooting .45 have ever used, and I had a lot of 1911's at one time. But I shoot the 9mm's ALOT faster as well. Not to mention the flatter parabolic arc when reaching out and touching at distance.

Although it is nice to know that a 230 grain hp travel at 930fps zeroed at 25yrds comes back into line of sight right at 100 yards.... its great for free beer when shooting steel on the 100 yard line...
    Last edited by m48shooter; 08-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.