Default M&P 9C (Gen. 1) slide milling

Has anybody here had the slide on their Gen 1 M&P 9C milled for a red dot? *Maybe my GoogleFu skills are lacking at the moment. *What I'm specifically looking for is to have my slide milled while keeping the rear sight*(suppressor height)*where it is, at the back of the slide, with the Red Dot mounted in front of it. *Has this/can this been/be done? *I have seen pictures of it done where the red dot is so far back that there is either no rear sight or the rear sight is mounted in front of the red dot sight (toward ejection port). *I'm going to post this on pistol-forum and a couple of others also; but, any input would be appreciated. *Thanks in advance.

MP4SALE.jpg

Take it elsewhere because we do not do it and I am not going to discuss other companies that mill slides here. I used to do it but the S&W people changed small details in the internals so many times we simply stopped doing them. Five or six revisions from what I understand...and now a V 2.0? Nope.

The Pistol Forum people are far more M&Pophiles than we are here. They may be able to help you.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Member since Dec 2017, first post on a topic covered to exhaustion.... have you read anything or even tried the search feature?

Fyi, if you're looking several places for the answers you'll get varing answers and end up more confused than when you started.. Not all opinions are created equal so you'll need to vet the sources. In the mean time just read here a bit and check out Gabe's blog, it's a wealth of free and creditable information, which is more than you can say for most other sources....
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Do you still have that one Gabe?

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Do you still have that one Gabe?
    Nope...all M&P stuff is gone...just like the AK stuff.
    Gabe Suarez

check you messages.
    ---------------
    Alan Warfield
    ---------------

Not that we "disdain it" rather S&W is not supportive of it as other companies are, thus its only suitable for custom shop work which we don't do. Moreover, we see so few of these in class that its not really a focus of ours.
    Gabe Suarez

I have two M&P 9c's that have been milled for an RMR. Both have Apex triggers and are reliable, so I don't have a need to change to the 2.0 version.

One was purchased from a WT member and was milled elsewhere. The second was a new 9c that was milled by S.I. Both have been run extensively in multiple classes.

S&W has good customer service but it is still a hassle to contact them for parts or service.

You know something crazy, in my 10k+ rounds through my g 19 I never once had to call thier customer service. I don’t know why people even want anything different.