Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Pirate View Post
    Right on! Congrats! ...even if helichoppers are the end goal, haha. =P Seriously though, while I talk a lot of trash on helicopters, this fixed-wing aviator would jump at the chance to learn the witchcraft of the rotor world if given the opportunity. Best of luck in his continued training!

Quick side story, in the early 90's I was in a bar with a pilot for Southern Air Transport (Interesting history there) . They used our base and we met frequently. He was a fixed and rotor certified and ask me on time if I knew why helicopters fly. I said that I knew the basics of the physics involved when he cut in and said "I'll tell you why helicopters fly.....cause God thinks its funny, thats why!" I heard much the same thing from a CH-47 jock I knew back then.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I heard much the same thing from a CH-47 jock I knew back then.
    On a ride in a Chinook, had a Warrant tell us during the safety brief. . . "If you EVER get on a CH-47 and there is NOT hydraulic fluid leaking from the hoses, get off the aircraft immediately because there is no hydraulic fluid left."
    We have to go in places no body would ever think of going into were it not for the necessities of war. ~ Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war. ~ Thucydides

Bravo!
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

VERY cool, and congratulations!

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Quick side story, in the early 90's I was in a bar with a pilot for Southern Air Transport (Interesting history there) . They used our base and we met frequently. He was a fixed and rotor certified and ask me on time if I knew why helicopters fly. I said that I knew the basics of the physics involved when he cut in and said "I'll tell you why helicopters fly.....cause God thinks its funny, thats why!" I heard much the same thing from a CH-47 jock I knew back then.
    Helos don't fly. They beat the air into submission.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.