Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Glad to see this thread as it validates most of my thoughts and my recent interest in the braced Skorpion. Looking forward to your further thoughts and development Gabe. THANKS

The Evo is not a bad suppressor host either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Ours will be aluminum. I don't think the addition of aluminum handguards is a best idea. They add weight just so you can add a light...which you can already do on the stock units.
    Have you looked at using the CZ carbine handguard on the pistol over a suppressor? Tim at Military Arms Channel has a video showing that setup with an Omega 9K--it's pretty much exactly flush with the end of the suppressor.

It looks like that would offer a lot more options for mounting a light, and the overall length with the stock folded should still be small enough to fit into a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    Have you looked at using the CZ carbine handguard on the pistol over a suppressor? Tim at Military Arms Channel has a video showing that setup with an Omega 9K--it's pretty much exactly flush with the end of the suppressor.

It looks like that would offer a lot more options for mounting a light, and the overall length with the stock folded should still be small enough to fit into a backpack.
    Yes. What it brings to the table is length for the floating hand technique we teach in rifle class and the carbine foreend is smoother. The problem is that it makes the whole platform longer and less user friendly for its purpose. If I were going to adopt this I'd go with a 5.56 over 9mm because you've lost the overall length advantage
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 07-16-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Yes. What it brings to the table is length for the floating hand technique we teach in rifle class and the carbine foreend is smoother. The problem is that it makes the whole platform longer and less user friendly for its purpose. If I were going to adopt this I'd go with a 5.56 over 9mm because you've lost the overall length advantage
    I just assume anything I'm going to use will be suppressed if possible, so it's not adding any length past the suppressor. Of course you lose the ability to detach the suppressor to shorten the length...

But I assume you're not considering a 7" barrel 5.56 as an alternative... I think even with the carbine handguard it's close to 20" folded, but I don't have one to measure to confirm that.

For my envisioned applications, the length question is focused on whether I can fit it in a typical backpack. Briefcase/handbag is a little more limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    I just assume anything I'm going to use will be suppressed if possible, so it's not adding any length past the suppressor. Of course you lose the ability to detach the suppressor to shorten the length...

But I assume you're not considering a 7" barrel 5.56 as an alternative... I think even with the carbine handguard it's close to 20" folded, but I don't have one to measure to confirm that.

For my envisioned applications, the length question is focused on whether I can fit it in a typical backpack. Briefcase/handbag is a little more limiting.
    Ya if I were going to run a dedicated can on one I'd get the carbine fore-end for the shrouding benefit but If I were going that long I'd go with a carbine over an SMG. One of the EVOs biggest advantages is it's ability to fold down to fit in a small case.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

The good news is we can run the regular forend and attach a suppressor when we need it. All we sacrifice is the cooler/longer forearm.

When you want it concealed, it is un-suppressed. A QD can would make it even handier when silence is part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ryder View Post
    The good news is we can run the regular forend and attach a suppressor when we need it. All we sacrifice is the cooler/longer forearm.

When you want it concealed, it is un-suppressed. A QD can would make it even handier when silence is part of the plan.
    That's basically the way I see it
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Hey guys, I am now setting funds aside for this.

What is the best 9mm subsonic HP round? Remington, Federal, and MagTech make loads. I would like the Federal HSTs, but it looks like velocity is over supersonic. The 147 gr Federal Hi-Shok looks like the next best thing.
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Gabe,
    I would be interested in purchasing one like you have in the photo.