Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Charging handle and mag release are on my radar to "improve" as products
    The Pro Stock options (for mag release and charging handle) are polymer, so they are more compatible than the various billet aluminum options. (aluminum components shouldn't be used with aftermarket, aluminum handguards)

I recommend the duckbill mag release from HBI because you can grab it with your thumb while ripping the mag out (and the duckbill portion provides more leverage for compressing the mag release spring). Additionally, the mad release spring is light enough that you can release the mag with your trigger finger if needed (though the mag is probably not going to fall free every time).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ours will be aluminum. I don't think the addition of aluminum handguards is a best idea. They add weight just so you can add a light...which you can already do on the stock units.

The mag release I have in mind will be in the MP5 pattern. We don't advocate speed loads and other range fuckery so a light mag release is not my goal. A standard weight one that is easier to leverage is.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    The Pro Stock options (for mag release and charging handle) are polymer, so they are more compatible than the various billet aluminum options. (aluminum components shouldn't be used with aftermarket, aluminum handguards)

I recommend the duckbill mag release from HBI because you can grab it with your thumb while ripping the mag out (and the duckbill portion provides more leverage for compressing the mag release spring). Additionally, the mad release spring is light enough that you can release the mag with your trigger finger if needed (though the mag is probably not going to fall free every time).

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

You're designing your own charging handle? It will be interesting to see what you come up with. Recognizing that training is more important than having the exact right gear, I'm extremely interested to see what improvements you think are the right improvements to the Evo.

I think I'd pay for an Evo-specific class from you once you feel like you have the hours on the platform to identify the best habits. I've had a couple of trainers that had top tier training, but they were pistol and rifle guys, not SMG guys as much.

I would very much be interested in a group buy of a Suarez optimized Scorpion pistol with brace.

I have long experience with the M4 and itís variants. A great general use carbine when you have 3 or so of your heavily armed and armored friends just a radio call away. The 9mm carbine has been interesting since I left service. This seems like a better option for civilian use. Compact enough to not be left alone. Effective enough on occasionally encountered vermin like snakes and other vicious creatures that mean harm to an Christian family.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the CZ. Iíve been trying out 9mm carbines of friends. The AR based pistols arenít ideal. The Sig is simply overpriced for our budget.

-john

- I cut the safety lever on the right sight to be flat
    - added Manticore flash hider (try to shoot without hearing protection and you'll see difference)
    - HBI trigger springs
    - second charging handle on the right side (why not to have two?)
    I have long fingers so original magazine release is OK for me, I can easily release magazine with right index finger.
    I consider replacing original stock by Zhukov but I'm not sure if it's worth to do it. Any opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by hrd View Post
    I consider replacing original stock by Zhukov but I'm not sure if it's worth to do it. Any opinion?
    The factory stock, in my opinion, is the best option. It works well and has enough of a slope to it that the user can slide his face backward and forward in order to modify the height of his eye as needed.

For the same reason, the SBTEVO brace is superior to others.

Yeah...I have a few things in planning for it. I will be plugging this into the MP5 system we used a few years ago. I have my own preferences of course. More will follow as I work with the platform.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

How do you go about building one of these weapons.Does the pistol brace avoid SBR.Can it be done with a Glock 21 SF?

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    How do you go about building one of these weapons.Does the pistol brace avoid SBR.Can it be done with a Glock 21 SF?
    The link below is the viewpoint generally shared at the CZ forums regarding the Scorpion.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69034.0

Since my post right immediately preceding this one was posted too hastily, I should say that this provides a sort of time line of the viewpoints in addition to a link in the last comment of the thread that links to the ATF letter. L

TLDR; CZ guys are putting a brace on the Scorpion and using their pistols as allowed by the ATF.