Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will make sure we have it in FDE.
    Just ordered the black one for a CZ Evo I traded for. As I said on another post, thanks for taking the time to sort this stuff out, post videos, etc. Thanks again for the free forum too. I’ve saved a lot of money and time here by letting others do the R and D.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabalfodrows View Post
    Hey guys, I am now setting funds aside for this.

What is the best 9mm subsonic HP round? Remington, Federal, and MagTech make loads. I would like the Federal HSTs, but it looks like velocity is over supersonic. The 147 gr Federal Hi-Shok looks like the next best thing.
    The answer is: Federal HST 147 grain (and 147 grain +P) became available, followed by the HST Micro, for even less velocity in 7" Evo, and especially in longer barrel carbines. The Micro is much more expensive but offers less flash, less muzzle blast and even less velocity, than the 147 grain HST. https://youtu.be/zYTd1lNx_TQ

I have to say that the HST Micro, out of the Evo carbine, is going to be very indoor friendly, hearing safer and low flash, round. While still having enough energy to cycle the gun.

I gotta consider carrying a 22 round mag of HST Micro 40 for my Sub 2000 gen 2, if they ever become available. Otherwise, some other "short barrel" 40 round.

My 40 caliber Sub 2000 gen 2 has been boringly reliable, even with 30 rounds of 180 grain in an ETS mag, or the same of Magsafe SWAT.

I bought 6 ETS mags to get one that seated fully loaded without ridiculous force. Gunmagwarehouse refunded returns on the other five.

I also discovered that the Uzi 90 degree mag coupler does not work on the thicker ETS 40 mags, and have no use for it on the Glock 22 rounders.

So, I sit with an ETS mag in the gun, which stabilizes it nicely in the bag. Full of 180 grain Walmart hollow point, for distance and automobiles you understand.

Five 22 round OEM Glock mags have Magsafe SWAT, to save weight. The two 15 rounders also have Walmart 180 grain hollow point.

HOWEVER, I really buy into everything here about the Evo, and now have to buy yet another gun. Resistance to the logic at WT is futile. :)

For antiquity sake, here's my museum piece carbine, ironically, descended from a post war CZ design of carbine. Then, greatly innovated upon by one of America's lower quality manufacturers.

As I say, I will be catching up with the rest of the tribe shortly. And will still carry a roll top bag in my dedicated Evo pack, to keep the gun dry if I have to swim. Also, meals, meds and such kit.

Thanks Gabe and guys for the introduction to the Evo, and great discussion. Time has finally come for me to adopt a 9mm firearm, in the form of the Evo. Again, resistance is crumbling. The braces, the Magpul mags, it's all too much to resist.

Actually, resistance first crumbled when I realized that 9mm is the undisputed best caliber for a compact pistol for my wife. High capacity for size, slide is easy to retract and, with the aluminum frame, "limp wristing" failures never occur.

She couldn't get through a mag in either my FNX 45 or the Glock 20 without "limp wristing" failures. In inverted comas because she is strong but has wrists half the diameter of yours or mine. Add a polymer frame with a near empty mag and a powerful recoil spring and you have trouble.

So yeah, going a step further we not only dropped down to 9mmP but also to an aluminum frame gun. Now you guys appreciate why she has to go with a revolver to shoot a powerful caliber. And, I expect that many women with dainty wrists need a similar precaution against "limp wristing" failures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 02-05-2019 at 11:25 AM.

The magpul extended mag catches are now shipping. I just ordered one I'll post my thoughts soon as I have it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C.J. Singleton; 02-08-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Received the Magpul mag catch today.

I'm impressed it has a paddle and the side surfaces are extended. It works well when activated with your trigger finger or with your support hand thumb.

Magpul really knocked this one out of the park its extended just enough to be more effective but not so much that it will snag on anything.

It also had zero fitment issues mags fit with it same as they did with the factory. The catch installation was easy just had to drift out a role pin swap the spring over and replace the pin didn't even have to pull the trigger housing off.

It's also half the cost of the tacky looking CNC machined options on the market.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Thanks CJ , looking forward to your range report & especially when you run in your matches