Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    The EVO has piqued my interest since its introduction, but I have yet to pull the trigger on purchasing one. The one thing about subgun calibers is the inability of the rounds to defeat body armor. It is a good weapon but the trigger on the one I used left a lot to be desired, and that safety digging into my knuckle was not really inspiring. I made up my mind that the first thing I would do if I happened to get one is take a dremel tool to the offending safety. I have been toying with the idea of the carbine version, but I may as well stick to the AR in that case. Now if you could get it in 7.62x25 and there was an abundance of 7.62x25 HP ammo, then I might be inclined to really look harder at it. That would be an interesting combination.
    With modern body armor...nothing defeats body armor. And you don't get to ask them what type they are wearing. So like with the pistol when working proactive shots (90% of shoulder fired work is proactive is it not?), the face...the face...nothing but the face.

7.62x25? Why bother...see above.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The only bullpups I have seen worth a damn have been the FS2000 (now discontinued) and the SI modified AUG (also discontinued). All others are bottom heavy and have horrible triggers. This Evo-Pup conversion will be the same...heavy as a female sumo wrestler and with a trigger only an Ayoobian could love. Not worth the drama.
    Gabe Suarez

Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    All others are bottom heavy and have horrible triggers. This Evo-Pup conversion will be the same...heavy as a female sumo wrestler and with a trigger only an Ayoobian could love. Not worth the drama.
    Manticore has said the bullpup weighs 7lbs, 8oz which is over a pound heavier than the carbine, let alone the pistol at 5lb even sans stock/brace.

My pistol with a Tailhook on an Lage folding adapter/buffer tube, WML, DPP optic, AFG, and XTM rail covers (so everything but Christmas Lights) still weighs in at 1/2 lb less than the naked bullpup.
    And I have to imagine if I had the CZ folding stock instead, more weight would drop.
    Last edited by John_Frederick; 09-25-2018 at 12:35 PM.

It occurred to me to mention this regarding the Scorpion, for those of you who are new to the platform. Probably unnecessary with most of you, but just in case:
    As you may know, the barrel comes from the factory with an 18x1 Birdcage flash suppressor installed.
    What you may not know is that beneath that cage is a 1/2x28 thread protector hidden inside there. And it's usually only hand tight... It will quickly loosen up and start causing trouble. Bullet strikes, erratic groups, and deformation of the thread protector to the point you will not be able to remove it from the outer bird cage.
    Just taken the damn thing off and be done with it... The 18x1 cage will protect the inner threads just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Just taken the damn thing off and be done with it... The 18x1 cage will protect the inner threads just fine.
    Or, if you want to shoot it in the dark without blinding yourself because you removed the flash diffuser, you could just toss a little blue Locktite on it.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Or, if you want to shoot it in the dark without blinding yourself because you removed the flash diffuser, you could just toss a little blue Locktite on it.
    You misunderstand me Greg... You leave on the flash diffuser. You only remove it to take off the interior 1/2x28 thread collar, then reinstall the flash diffuser. The interior thread collar does nothing for the gun inside that birdcage except cause potential issues. And the exterior flash diffuser has a locking tab collar that holds it secure so thread lock is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    You misunderstand me Greg... You leave on the flash diffuser. You only remove it to take off the interior 1/2x28 thread collar, then reinstall the flash diffuser. The interior thread collar does nothing for the gun inside that birdcage except cause potential issues. And the exterior flash diffuser has a locking tab collar that holds it secure so thread lock is not required.
    Yes...that is a strange locking system they came up with.
    Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Better yet, throw an Omega 9K on there.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Better yet, throw an Omega 9K on there.
    I may, and get the carbine foreend to shroud it
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.