Default RMR for .22 Pistol

Hereís a question for everyone:

I have a Ruger 22/45 pistol that I bought a suppressor for. I decided it wonít be complete without also adding an RMR. Which RMR would people recommend given the caliber and itís limi?

I would opt for this one: Trijicon RM06-C-700672 3.25 adjustable type 2

I have an older 22/45 and have had tube style red dots as well as an older doctor optic, it currently is just equipped with just irons.

v/r

JD

Thanks JD. any mount suggestions and zero distance suggestions?

If you're going to permanently mount an rmr, I would go with something like this.

Outerimpact Red Dot Adapter/Mount for Ruger Mark I, II, III, IV, IV-Lite, 22/45 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019HJ2ZIO..._8tLsBb98NYXJZ

I tried a red dot with the Ruger rail and it honestly sucked in that configuration. The rail was super long and didn't interface with the sights. I recently took everything off and am just running the stock sights now.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Recoil is nothing and there isn’t a reciprocating slide on the 22/45. I might consider something cheaper for this role.

The Shield might be a good choice, though not sure what the mounting options are. Or perhaps the Holosun RMR copy.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Recoil is nothing and there isn’t a reciprocating slide on the 22/45. I might consider something cheaper for this role.

The Shield might be a good choice, though not sure what the mounting options are. Or perhaps the Holosun RMR copy.
    Yeah. That's the route I went. I put a Burris FF on mine (a Shield would be better). A 22/45 has no recoil and isn't a fighting gun. I figure if the Burris craps out just as I'm being attacked by a pack of jihadist squirrels, I can just point shoot and take my chances.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post

Good idea. I may try that. I’m more worried about having it be accurate but if these cheaper optics hold zero, that might work.

For what it's worth, the Bullseye shooters really like the Ultradots.

If you want to be able to see your irons you can get an offset c-more mount for the railway that has the window at 3 o'clock and inline with the bore.

v/r

JD

While a .22 has little recoil there is a reciprocating bolt so there likely is some stress on the sights. Probably any of the mentioned red dots will work. I have been using inexpensive tube type RDS on .22 pistols for NRA bullseye pistol shooting and they seem to stand up to it. If the .22 was used for life and death scenarios I would opt for the more expensive RMR types shifts.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez