Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default GLOCK MISSES THE "X" AGAIN

Companies like Glock are great. They almost get it...but not quite. Oh, sure they sell their pistols, but then again, so does Hi-Point and Kel-tec.
    The latest is the 19X. A Glock 17 frame with a Glock 19 slide. (Cue the Facebook orgasms of the mindless followers in three, two, one...).

OK...so bear with me here. What part of the weapon is hardest to conceal -

1). the length of the slide/barrel?
    or
    2). the frame/butt area?

If you answered #2 you win the prize. That is why guys concerned about concealment will opt for a Glock 19 over a 17...or for a 26 over a 19. The slide and barrel are usually in the waistband already and well hidden. So a short slide and barrel on a large frame makes very little sense except to the engineers at Glock. Who on earth told them that was a good idea?

Too bad for them, but good for the aftermarket. A Glock 19 frame with a Glock 17 slide makes far for sense to everyone except Glock. See the Guttersnipe 17 for what the better alternative is.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Holy crap. I almost can't believe it. So, a ton of us have been asking for a factory Glock with a long slide, and short frame for over a decade. A TON of us. Not many people asking for the other way around. There is no way Glock wasn't aware of this. So what do they do? They bring out the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the market wants. The...EXACT...OPPOSITE.

I don't think I could facepalm any harder than I am right now. HOW in the cold blue hell can Glock get this one simple thing so wrong? It's almost like it's intentional, like they're sending a message of "we do what we want." I really don't see any other way they could screw this up.

I know I'm being overly dramatic here, but jeez.
    Last edited by MesserMan; 01-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Both hilarious and pathetic.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Someone at Glock needs to address their dyslexia...

One of my favorite configs is a 19 upper on a 26 lower or just a well chopped 19.

I carry my regular 19 in a 17 holster thus a 17 upper on a 19 frame would just be like free desert.

Glock's version of a Colt Commander ?

I still see this as a good addition to the marketplace. I prefer a longer barrel/slide and a shorter grip. But I don't need Glock for that. I can chop a G17 frame in my garage--and I have. But for the few people who want the opposite, it isn't such an easy fix.

I have no interest in the 19X. But for those that do, let them eat their cake.

I'm more interested in learning more about the lanyard loop. Why suddenly add that? Why is the lanyard hole in the backstrap suddenly not good enough?
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I still see this as a good addition to the marketplace. I prefer a longer barrel/slide and a shorter grip. But I don't need Glock for that. I can chop a G17 frame in my garage--and I have. But for the few people who want the opposite, it isn't such an easy fix.

I have no interest in the 19X. But for those that do, let them eat their cake.

I'm more interested in learning more about the lanyard loop. Why suddenly add that? Why is the lanyard hole in the backstrap suddenly not good enough?
    I thought these were made specifically for a European contract, all details made to their specification?

edit: It was(basically), and already covered in the other thread. Still amazing how Glock completely refuses to listen to the market.
    Last edited by Captain Ron; 01-02-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    I thought these were made specifically for a European contract, all details made to their specification?

edit: It was(basically), and already covered in the other thread. Still amazing how Glock completely refuses to listen to the market.
    Pretty sure you’re thinking of the Glock 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    Pretty sure you’re thinking of the Glock 46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, thank you. The rotating barrel is what got me, along with the beaver tail. I don’t know what came first, MHS or Glock 46, but they look similar.

So before: A handgun with an optimal barrel length and an optimal hand-grip size that would take both the 17 and 19 magazines.

After: A handgun with an optimal barrel length, but a less concealable hand grip that only fits 17 magazines.

Can't wait for the Glock XX, whereupon they mate a Glock 26 upper to Glock 17 lower and only sell it with the 33 round magazines. I was wondering where the Good Idea Fairy got her next gig at..... Now we know.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert Heinlein